Director, Streaming & Playlist Strategy
Capitol Music Group
Overview and Responsibilities
We have an exciting opportunity for an incredible manager-level candidate to join us on the Creative Music Strategy team! We're looking for some who will collaborate with the Vice President and team to achieve desired results related to series and promotional content across various ViacomCBS Cable networks (BET, CMT, LOGO, MTV, PoPTV + VH1), working closely with many diverse groups including the Production, Development, Marketing, Digital and Social teams. We're hoping to bring someone on who will be passionate about exercising their strong creative music supervision and music clearance skills as well as their comprehensive knowledge of music, its history, genres, and styles. The perfect candidate will always be up to date with current music and trends.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Execute the practical needs and creative music vision of Music Supervisors, TV Producers, Composers and Artists, Record Labels, Music Publishers, PROs, Music Clearance and Music Administrators throughout all stages of content creation
• Liaise between Production Management, Production Executives, and other internal and external partners to execute Networks' programming and marketing strategies while proactively identifying rights issues/necessary permissions
• Music copyright research, quote negotiation, licensing, and rights tracking to secure use from copyright owners of music within all types of media formats including television, digital, soundtracks, podcasts etc.
• Work with record labels, publishers and supporting team with management of the promotion of featured placements on air, on digital and across social, artist showcases, etc.
• Work with the team to do extensive music rights research
• General support for the cue sheet management team
• 4+ years' experience, preferably at a Network, Record Label, or Publisher
• Established relationships within the licensing community including music publishers, record labels, managers, music supervisors and production companies
• Deep understanding of licensing music across all media platforms
• Comprehensive understanding of music and media industry needs and trends
• Incredible music research skills
• Excellent attention to detail and highly organized
• Ability to work well under pressure with many changing deadlines
• Be a proactive contributor who can work both independently and collaboratively tobalance multiple priorities at a time
• Have phenomenal communication negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Musical training is not essential to the role but may be an advantage