Digital Account Coordinator
South Yarra, Australia
Masterchef. The Bachelor. I'm a Celebrity. Survivor Australia. The Project. These are the shows that get people talking - and they're at home with many more at Network 10. We're the home of exciting, bold, escapist entertainment served through your screens on the daily. And we've been growing since we've joined the ViacomCBS family with strong investment in our digital content and platforms, 10 Play, Paramount + (launching this year), and 10 Speaks.
ViacomCBS ANZ Legal team is looking for a highly skilled junior to mid-level lawyer to join our energetic and professional in-house legal team on a part time basis (3 days a week) to advise and support the business. The role is primarily responsible for the provision of timely legal advice to journalists and producers for news, current affairs, in particular The Project and other programming content consistent with 10's commercial objectives and risk profile. An understanding of the Australian media landscape along with a strong interest in news and current affairs will greatly assist in this role. You will report on a day to day basis to the Senior Legal Counsel based in Melbourne.
Here's an overview of the role:
• Providing pre-publication advice on content for risks including defamation, contempt (i.e. sub judice contempt, suppression orders etc.) and copyright mainly for The Project.
• Managing legal complaints to the Network, dealing with external lawyers and counsel.
• Preparing legal training materials for the Legal team and the Network.
• Drafting, negotiating and reviewing Participant Agreements, consents, releases, footage licenses and other documentation, both directly and assisting senior lawyers in the team.
This is what we need from you:
• Qualified lawyer holding a VIC practising certificate with at least 3 years post qualification experience in a reputable law firm or highly regarded in-house legal team.
• Will need to work flexible hours - starting later in the morning through to 7.00pm if needed for The Project and sharing Sunday evenings for The Project clearance.
• Enthusiasm, passion and the willingness to learn and develop new skills and expertise.
• Some experience advising on media and/or intellectual property issues, and/or good results in relevant university subject(s) in this area.
• An interest in news/current affairs, content production and the arts/media industry
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent and effective interpersonal, written and communication skills, including an ability to adapt to and communicate with all types of people internally and externally.
• Ability to work flexibly, collaboratively and effectively both autonomously and as a team member.
• Ability to generate practical solutions to mitigate legal risk and explain complex legal concepts to non-legally trained staff.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to perform a variety of competing tasks under time pressure (i.e. broadcast deadlines and rolling deadlines of online media)
Agency applications won't be accepted #sorrynotsorry