Technical Project Manager
Fort Lauderdale, FL
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Do you have a passion for Sports? Do you love to solve problems and develop code? Do you have strong initiative, creative thinking and ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment? Do you enjoy discovering the true requirements of underlying feature requests and recommending alternative technical and business approaches? Are you experienced with the Android platform and/or Over-The-Top video platforms? If you answered yes, then CBS Sports may be looking for you!
CBSSports.com is looking for an experienced Software Engineer for our Video Engineering team.
The ideal candidate will have experience writing OTT applications and working with streaming video. As part of the Video team you will work with talented developers designing and building out the next generation of CBS Sports online video products! To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude, innovative coding skills and proven teamwork experience.
• Work with other engineers to maintain and evolve our video encoding platform.
• Plan, design and build out cloud-based microservices to support video processing workflows.
• Investigate and resolve video encoding issues.
• Work with the live streaming events team on configuring and managing live streaming events
• Field questions and requests from site publishers regrading video encoding / playback.
• Collaborate with developers and operations team on streamlining CI/CD solution
• Encourage an engineering culture that promotes test-driven development and code coverage
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Automating live streaming events workflow
• Collaborate with a live encoding team to craft solutions for video streaming that reduce latency
• Evolve and automate asset ingestion pipeline.
• Work with development teams on re-architecture/modernizing of existing systems into the cloud.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 7+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
• Experience with AVC, HEVC, VP9, AV1, AAC video and audio codec standards
• Understanding of various multimedia transport protocols such as: RTP, RTMP, SRT, UDP, Zixi
• Experienced in developing and maintaining cloud-based live video workflows.
• Advanced working knowledge of Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud
• Specialist in programming languages such as GoLang, Python, & NodeJS
• Strong experience with video broadcasting and streaming media standards
• Video troubleshooting experience
• Understanding of HLS/Dash and HLS/Dash based server-side ad stitching products
• Drive issues to resolution and provide root cause analysis if needed and work with multiple teams to launch new services across ViacomCBS platforms
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
You might also have -
• Provisioning, troubleshooting, operations and maintenance of systems, applications and equipment used in the next-gen video delivery ecosystem
• Experience monitoring and managing cloud based and in-house encoding software and abr monitoring appliances
• Experience with Digital Rights Management Systems (DRM), including Playready, Widevine & FairPlay
• Certifications in AWS or GCP a plus
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93859-34-229-64-28-42 in your application.