Director Of Content Partnerships
West Hollywood, CA
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are currently adding a new Director, Content Partnerships, who will be the day-to-day lead on our Content Partnerships team coordinating a portfolio of studio, global TV distribution, cable, and network partners with the goal of forging stronger relationships to optimize the growth and performance of our largest partners.
This role will report to the VP, Global Content Partnerships.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Developing long-term relationships with a portfolio of content partners, connecting regularly with key business executives and partners, and preparing monthly and quarterly reports.
• Establishing a trusted advisor relationship and delivering client service through timely responses and updates via email, phone, online presentations, and in-person meetings.
• Crafting and executing against an operational plan for existing partner expansion, using key metrics and data analysis to monitor performance, evaluate content acquisition opportunities, and identify areas for growth.
• Optimizing content pipeline from existing partners to bolster validated categories and support immediate and future programming expansion across new categories.
• Negotiating license agreements, deal amendments, and extensions to structure partnerships for long-term and international growth.
• Working with cross-functional teams at Pluto TV including Programming, Marketing, PR, Finance, Legal, Operations, Ad Sales, and Distribution to foster and improve partner opportunities.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• At least 5 years in a partner or account management role, preferably in media and entertainment.
• Excellent analytical, quantitative, and financial modeling skills, particularly using Microsoft Excel. Proficient working with software such as Tableau and willingness (and quick ability to learn) new software.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
• Ability to run multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
• Excellent listening, communication, and presentation skills; experienced negotiator.
• Deep understanding of the streaming/digital/entertainment industry.
• Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment.
• Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability, and maturity.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.