Manager, Social Media & Communications
Overview & Responsibilities:
Directs the development and execution of marketing strategies for syndicated and local programming to grow ratings, audience engagement and revenue on multiple platforms. Develops and implements audience development strategies using research, insights, data and analytics. Plans and executes outside media buys for local and syndicated programming and news, including OTT, cable, terrestrial and streaming radio/video services and channels, print, outdoor, mobile and paid social media. Directs production and placement of on-air promotional announcements, as well as interactive digital and social media campaigns. Coordinates media planning activities between the station and its advertising agency, including development of strategies and campaigns crafted to improve the station's market share, community image and ratings. Coordinates commercial production/collaborates with sales to build revenue generating non-traditional/revenue-generating sponsorships and initiatives.
• Detailed experience and understanding of all aspects of station promotion including syndication, news, sports, public service and sales presentations.
• Experience with on-air planning to lead and maximize station's promotional inventory to drive ratings and revenue.
• Consistent track record of creative excellence and ''out of the box'' thinking to achieve strategic goals.
• Knowledge of all aspects of on-air and digital production including equipment, software and latest ground-breaking tools, techniques and trends.
• Hands-on experience in marketing content on both linear and non-linear platforms, including utilizing and optimizing display marketing campaigns, retargeting, social media and mobile marketing.
• Experience in leading large advertising budget.
• Excellent managerial skills, including teambuilding, communications, budgeting and administration.
• Skilled at managing up, down and across. Able to manage and encourage both digital and creative teams.
• Significant relevant experience in roles of increasing responsibility in creative services required (specifics and length of time varies by market).
• Bachelor's degree in Mass Communication, Marketing, Business, or Digital Media, or equivalent experience managing local television station advertising/promotions department.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22wyy-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.