Supervising Producer - Face The Nation
Digital Associate Producer (Washington DC)
Digital associate producers are essential in making sure we identify, clip and treat every promotable moment from CBS News reporting. Their job is to sift out the best moments of content and ensure they get the best digital treatment possible, extending the reach of CBS News brands online. They will edit video captions, clip videos and work with social teams to translate their stories for distribution on social media. They are also conduits between the digital and broadcast teams, fielding extra content, extended cuts and additional opportunities for us to use on-air talent for digital.
KPIs for this role are growth of VOD streams from content from CBSN and all CBS News shows. The ideal candidate will be fluent in the best practices of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube, as demonstrated by his or her active social media profiles and portfolio of work. S/he must understand the most current content strategies utilized by these platforms and be equipped to create videos, articles, headlines and share language that best play to each of those platform's strategies.
• Strong social media skills with demonstrated portfolio of work
• Ability to multitask
• Team player who is able to work with a diverse group of people
• Deep familiarity with social media audiences, best practices and analytics
• Ability to work well with others under tight deadlines
• Flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Degree in journalism, communications or related