Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Data plays a central role at CBS Interactive, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations team is a crucial part of our success. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products. We are looking for an analyst who is passionate about data and entertainment and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The position is anchored around our growing distribution business that offers CBS content on multiple access points, including its increasing Originals' slate with shows such as Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Fight and Twilight Zone to name a few.
• Design and develop highly scalable and reliable data engineering pipelines to process large volumes of data across many data sources in the cloud
• Identify, design and implement internal process improvements by automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery
• Develop and promote standard methodologies in data engineering
• Be part of the on call rotation supporting our SLA's
• Develop data pipelines for processing data from internal and external sources
• Migration of on-premise ETL processes to Python and Airflow
• Develop a process to capture different data points required for a reliable data quality system
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Minimum of 4+ years of applicable engineering experience
• Strong proficiency in Python
• Ability to write complex SQL to perform common types of analysis and aggregations
• Strong knowledge of Application Programming Interfaces
• Proven ability to clearly communicate complex solutions
• Experience working on large scale data migration projects
You might also have –
• Experience with Cloud platforms
• Experience with services like Google Dataflow , Google BigQuery, Pubsub, Apache airflow or similar
• Experience with Docker containerization
• Familiar with a NoSQL database such as MongoDB
• Familiar with version control systems (Git and Bitbucket)
• Can perform statistical analysis using tools such as R, Numpy/SciPy with Python
• Familiar with Atlassian products Jira and Confluence
• Experience with a Python web framework such as Django or Flask
• Familiar with Apache Beam
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d298om-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.