Universal Pictures Content Group (UPCG) is a content repertoire division within the infrastructure of the Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG) and distribution footprint of NBCUniversal. With offices around the world and central headquarters in London, UPCG acquires and produces a diverse range of quality content across several genres (feature film, documentary, family entertainment, faith, comedy, music, sports, live events & special interest). Its multiplatform sales and distribution footprint includes Theatrical, Television (Free & Pay), Digital (SVOD, AVOD & Transactional), Home Video, as well as Consumer Products. The business uniquely focuses on management of licensors, talent, partnerships, brands and distribution of content across all rights and across the full lifecycle. It is a business rooted in Artists and Repertoire (A&R) culture, driven by relationships, innovation and ambitious growth plans.
The VP Acquisitions & Production is responsible to identify and deliver new content for UPCG across all genres and assist in delivering growth to the business. This role works closely with the SVP Acquisitions & Production to support and execute on UPCG's long range plan. The aim of this role is to drive opportunities with a focus on documentary for Global, North America and International deals. In addition, the role will also provide support to the Group's other content teams, including Development & Production and Big Idea as well as opportunities across various Content Group genres (feature film, family entertainment, comedy, music, sports, live events & special interest). It is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of a key growth area for UPCG.
• Proactively source and acquire programming in several genres, with a focus in documentary, for multiple platforms as well as identify new content and distribution opportunities.
• Attend markets, industry events, and screenings as appropriate
• Manage an extensive set of relationships and industry networking
• Nurture existing talent licensors as well as bring in new licensors to work with UPCG
• Deliver against specific revenue targets for successful new programming
• Set acquisitions and production deadlines and work with key stakeholder externally (e.g. Producers, Distributors) and internally across UPCG and NBCUniversal to produce and distribute new content to agreed release schedules and deadlines
• Manage all areas of the job, from program production and new content pitches, to contracts and budget planning
• Gather feedback and proactively resolve issues on deals, releases and business activities
• Management of the US-based Senior Manager Acquisitions, and operate as an integral part of the Global Acquisitions team
• Knowledgeable in multi-platform distribution of content global market, in particularly documentary content
• Previous experience in a talent facing role and can demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships with artists, licensors, producers, and distributors.
• A keen instinct for potentially successful content and the foresight to acquire this content ahead of competitors
• Skilled negotiator with the ability to set up and close deals and a track record in meeting objectives
• Strong knowledge of deal financials including P&Ls, to help drive negotiation and targets
• Able to interpret and compile deal memos
• Line management experience showcasing the ability to inspire, lead and develop direct reports
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Innovative and passionate, with a genuine desire to work with, and source, new talent
• Entrepreneurial approach to deal making with astute commercial focus
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re5b35-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.