Universal Music Group
Santa Monica, CA
This role will be responsible for strategically managing initiatives involving Universal Music artists and the larger creator and influencer community. This person will work collaboratively with internal business units, Labels, Management, and artists to identify and recognize opportunities to drive consumption. Developing and maintaining strong and effective relationships with creators/influencers, key figure heads within trends, labels and artists will be key to their success. This is a key role within our company and requires someone who is creative, analytical, passionate about music and demonstrates strong power of influence.
How you'll CREATE:
• Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with Creators/Influencers, Key figure heads within trends, labels and artists.
• Assure a strategic and proactive approach to creators and influencers who add value to all repertoire initiatives.
• Working collaboratively with the Music Strategy Team to ensure the global and local company creator strategy & best practices are disseminated / understood
• Strategize creative artist plans, in collaboration with Marketing teams to ensure successful market consumption
• Prepare regular reporting of key performance metrics and communicate findings, figures, and insights across the company
• Develop KPIs and benchmarks to measure and maximize influencer impact
• Distill actionable insights from the influencer landscape for our brands and artists and work with our analytics team to measure the impact of influencer programming to deliver reports
• Influence internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to take action based on insights to capture business opportunities
• Create analyses on partner trends, market conditions, marketing campaigns, and user behavior for internal partners
• Participate in regular meetings with other departments sharing and developing strategy to further propel music content
• Attend industry events and meetings for networking when relevant.
• Maintain a strong awareness of the industry and act as a thought leader on behalf of UMG.
• Exhibit effective project management working closely with cross functional teams and keep them abreast of timelines and deadlines.
Bring your VIBE:
• The ideal candidate already has a sharp eye on the influencer landscape across social media platforms and will bring a personal digital footprint that reflects this understanding
• 1-2 years working with Creators specifically
• 3 years marketing / label experience
• Knowledgeable about how the music business operates and about the evolving digital & streaming landscape. Music industry experience preferred, but not required
• Analytical mindset - ability to identify trends in large datasets, display creativity in problem-solving, and generate new ideas
• Exceptional communication, organizational & priority setting skills.
• Be proactive and highly motivated; demonstrating the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but also as part of a team;
• Highly motivated and intellectually curious
• Results-oriented with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Ability to multitask, problem solve & react quickly to market changes
• High level of creativity, innovation and enthusiasm; and the ability to drive business priorities to business partners
• Power of influencer & effective presentation skills.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.