Director, eCommerce Creative
Universal Music Group
Motown Records continues to be home to the most culturally impactful artists and partners in the world including Asiahn, City Girls, Erykah Badu, Kem, Lil Baby, Lil Yachty, Migos, Ne-Yo, The Hxliday, Tiana Major9 and Vince Staples along with Quality Control Music, Blacksmith Records and Since the 80's. For more than sixty years, Motown Records has been the ideal for Black entrepreneurs around the world – a beacon of transformative, inter-generational success led by forward-thinking leaders who introduced the world to artists including Another Bad Creation, Ashanti, Boyz II Men, Brian McKnight, DeBarge, India Arie, Queen Latifah, Michael McDonald, Marvin Gaye, The Commodores, The Jackson Five, The Supremes, The Temptations and Zhané. This is an opportunity to join an organization that has impacted culture around the world and to be part of Universal Music Group, the global-leader in music-based entertainment.
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Sr. Director to focus on Streaming growth, marketing, and playlist optimization. The consultant will be responsible for analyzing and acquiring a deep understanding of UMG and partner label global streaming strategy and best practices to then best optimize and market playlists, internationally, by key market or globally. The position requires experience and skill in, among other things, playlist marketing and optimization, analyzing data and streaming and playlist performance metrics, providing practical advice on maximizing streaming revenue and marketing opportunities, and the ability to execute multi-tiered campaigns. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and devoted to data-driven decision making. A good understanding of all aspects of major label structure and the ability to effectively present and communicate to multiple internal and external stakeholders is also required.
How you'll CREATE:
• Optimize existing and create new catalogue/ frontline playlists; implement strategies to achieve/exceed growth, engagement, retention goals
• Develop strong relationships across multiple areas within the streaming partners, including content, editorial, social, product marketing, sponsorships, operations, reporting, executive levels, and related 3rd party service providers
• Effectively Communicate insights, analysis, opportunities, and recommendations with partners to improve our mutual businesses.
• Lead frequent partner calls and business presentations with the streaming partners
• Regularly communicate the status of artist campaigns, new initiatives, opportunities, and other account activities to international departments, labels, and artist management teams.
• Use consumer insights and analytics to inform effective playlisting initiatives, marketing & commercial decisions
• Execute detailed analysis to understand the complexities of playlist behaviors across all consumer types
• Think beyond traditional SEO (although important) to act creatively, take appropriate risks, and understand how each component in the business fits into growth
• Work with internal and external agencies to manage & allocate budgets and ad inventory to maximize effective playlisting opportunities
• Work with and complement UMG Global Steaming Marketing efforts
• Work with UMG Commercial Technologies to best utilize existing playlist optimization tools and be a proactive voice for creation of new tools
• Analyze & share the effects of marketing initiatives responding quickly to changes required
• Work with digital account leads to maximize opportunities across business partners, including, but not limited to ad inventory procurement
• Recommend & integrate robust social strategies to grow playlist engagement & market share
• Learn & share best practices across all appropriate teams
• Ability to quickly grasp the position mission and breakdown goals in concrete actions
Bring your VIBE:
• 7+ years of applicable experience in playlist optimization, analyzing data and executing playlist and streaming growth and user engagement/retention experiments
• Strong experience with social media and affiliate marketing & brand building
• A strong understanding of SEO
• A passion for all a wide range of music genres & styles including new release & catalogue
• Proven innovative thinker with experience in marketing practices and growing & acquiring audiences
• First-rate analytical skills with ability to efficiently communicate strategy, results and market conditions that will drive playlist growth and optimization
• Strong communication skills with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to partners, executives, and management
• Capable interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability & effectiveness to work with team members from diverse backgrounds
• Tech-savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
• Able to learn/navigate internal and external information tools and utilize numerous data dashboards
• Creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful
• Highly organized and able to prioritize and multi-task
• Ability to work with a global team understanding local cultural differences
• Self-motivated and conscientious
• A good knowledge of UMG repertoire
• A solid understanding of metadata & digital supply chain processes
• Advanced Excel/Microsoft Suite user
• Bachelor's degree Preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.