How you'll LEAD:
This is an opportunity to showcase your finance skills and business acumen at one of the major players in the music industry. You can grow professionally and personally in an environment where intelligence, innovation, and leadership are valued and rewarded. This position is responsible for various aspects of the consolidation of Plan, Forecast and Actuals for the North American Recorded Music Division. This position will interact closely with Universal Music label Finance teams and the Central Accounting team to support the monthly close processes, document variance explanations, and analyze results. The individual will be involved in the quarterly financial forecast and annual operating plan processes while also assisting with other ad hoc analyses as required.
How you'll CREATE:
• Provide day to day finance support to the North America Recorded Music Division
• Work with the Label Finance team on key elements of the monthly financial close
• Analyze variances to budget and forecast for various Universal Music divisions
• Assist in preparation of quarterly financial forecasts and annual plan for UMG
• Assist in improving and refining the financial consolidation and forecasting systems (HFM and BPC)
• Assist with enhancing and modifying financial models and reporting as needed
• Provide ad hoc analyses as required
Bring your VIBE:
• Demonstrable proficiency with excel financial modeling as well as accounting and financial applications software; Hyperion Financial Management/Smartview Reporting, SAP and BPC planning experience a plus
• Music/entertainment industry experience highly preferred
• CPA preferred but not required
• Detail-oriented with strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with business and financial acumen
• Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize & multitask in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with supervisors and personnel and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, business partners and company leaders.
• Must be results-oriented with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Minimum 2-3 years of financial planning & analysis, strategic planning, accounting and/or audit experience is required.
• Bachelor's degree qualified (specific to business, finance or accounting)
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Winter Break'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkwk6p-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.