Manager, Global Client Services
Universal Music Group
Woodland Hills, CA
Manager, Global Client Services (Tech)
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world's leading music company. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. Our vast catalogue of recordings and songs stretches back over a century and comprises the largest, most diverse, and culturally rich collection of music ever assembled. Knowing that music, a powerful force for good in the world, is unique in its ability to inspire people and bring them together, we work with our artist and employees to serve our communities. We are the home for music's greatest artists, innovators, and entrepreneurs.
The current client journey across the world and across royalties, finance, data & analytics is fragmented and inconsistent. Global Client Services (''GCS'') is newly forming first-in-class centralized global client service team, providing a unified frontline to all external inquiries across UMG's broad application landscape and providing telephonic, e-mail, chat and in-person support.
In addition to inquiry management, this client-centric team will:
• Be ''jack of all trades'' in so far as each team member in GCS will be able to demonstrate and troubleshoot all external facing UMG applications
• Enhance our artist and label onboarding process with compelling presentations, demos and end-to-end service directory collateral
• Refine UMG processes and controls leveraging inquiry data (what is the data telling us?)
• Assist our client base with any technical issues
As a manager within Global Client Services, you will be expected to exemplify all the qualities of ''first-in-class service, providing a unified frontline to all external inquiries across UMG's broad application landscape and providing telephonic, e-mail, chat and in-person support''. Additionally, and as determined and directed by GCS Senior Management, you will be expected to:
• Learn, understand, and support inquiries across any other UMG application, globally. This may include any of the Global Royalty tools that are currently supported by UMG's Global Royalty teams, the JV and other statements published by currently by the Central Accounting Services team within US Finance
• Provide UMG application demonstrations to new and existing clients (labels, artists, producers and / or their representatives)
How you'll CREATE:
• In this capacity, you will act as a member of the Zendesk general triage team for N.A. Royalties, Data & Analytics, and marketing data-related support.
• You will be responsible for providing accurate, efficient first-tier client support, as well as providing a comprehensive package to 2nd tier support teams for their resolution (as their support is needed) and always ensuring that the client receives a timely and professional response (even if it required 2nd tier support)
• You will be responsible for learning, understanding, and efficiently navigating all business applications (including, but not limited to, US Statement Portal (USRP), OKTA Administration, SAP, Uniport, TRACS Royalty System, Royalty Data Warehouse (RDW), Copyright Licensing Application (CLA), the UMX Suite, DOMO, Prompted UI, Google Big Query, MDM, R2, and any additional systems to gather all pertinent data related to client inquiries.
• You will be responsible for learning, understanding, and efficiently navigating all UMG business procedures, as they relate to client inquiries.
• You will be responsible for conducting Quality Assurance reviews on a sample selection of tickets on a weekly basis to ensure service standards around language, content, response time, and triaging effectiveness are met.
• Under the direction from Senior Management, you will serve as a liaison between Global Client Services, the Data & Analytics team, and involved IT teams.
• You will be responsible for learning, understanding, and executing all client service support software (including e-mail, chat, telephone, and in-person appointments) in order to support all first-tier inquiries as well as provide a comprehensive package to 2nd tier support teams, and timely client communication regardless of tier level support. You may also provide clients with in-person and remote application demonstrations and walk-throughs.
• As new service opportunities are identified, you will be asked to learn new business procedures, system applications, and support software as part of first-tier client support.
• As part of this role, you will identify new help center article needs that surface through client support as well as suggest internal first-tier support articles based upon client support interactions.
• As determined and directed by GCS Senior Management, you will both receive and provide training on a broad array of applications supported by GCS, to understand and support queries across a variety of UMG Applications globally, and achieve GCS' vision of an inclusive, integrated centralized support team, each member of which will be capable of supporting 1st (and some 2nd tier) queries across the entirety of the GCS-supported application spectrum.
• Partnering with the Senior Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the service level agreement (SLA) standards are met for all clients.
• You will be responsible for client support as it relates to the US Statement Portal (USRP), including first-tier OKTA security support.
• As directed by the Senior Manager, you will be responsible for the testing of USRP statement uploads before and after deployment.
Bring your VIBE:
• Solid and in-depth understanding of Data & Analytics tools and data ecosystems, including, but by no means limited to, Google BigQuery, Amazon Web Services, Domo, Tableau, etc.
• Strong relationship and customer service skills to liaise properly with internal and external clients and customers
• Strong understanding of customer support processes and tools ecosystem; Zendesk (Support, Guide, Explore) experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in high paced environment with a variety of personalities
• Minimum 2+ years in client services or partner relationship management
• Basic SQL writing and understanding skills preferred
• Basic Office 365 knowledge
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkeq94-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.