Vice President, Customer Activation & Retention, UMG eCommerce
Universal Music Group
Santa Monica, CA
Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it's a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it's another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG eCommerce & Label Services is looking for an eCommerce Services Manager to join our team in Los Angeles. The eCommerce Services Manager will provide best-in-class service for a select number of our clients' & partners' eCommerce stores, with the primary responsibility of project managing the end-to-end eCommerce process including store planning, product launches, and coordination with internal departments and stakeholders. You'll have the opportunity to work across a number of different client groups, including Universal Music Latin Entertainment, UMG's distributed labels, Fame House clients, and special projects.
How you'll CREATE:
• Act as primary point of contact for a select number of our client's online stores, funneling all production, marketing and creative requests from them to eCommerce & Label Services internal teams.
• Build and maintain relationships and trust across client roster to ensure UMG eCommerce & Label Services, Fame House, and our Partners are in the best position possible with the client.
• Ensure all internal stakeholders are aware of incoming eCommerce drops or promotions, as well as specific client requirements/needs for each initiative.
• Work with the client to make sure we receive all of the info needed to execute marketing and creative (product sheet, pricing, descriptions, context to the drop, creative guidelines, etc.).
• Project Manage follow-throughs and logistics for any approved and active campaigns.
• Proactively identify opportunities to add value to client relationships and work with internal teams to execute against them (e.g. marketing campaign proposals, insights reporting, etc.).
• Manage workflow against client SOW, as well as standard turnaround times for requests.
• Work to identify client needs that will involve an exception to our standard turnaround times; coordinate internally to ensure we are able to deliver against client needs appropriately.
• Track resourcing against client priorities, ensuring both internal and client alignment on how resources are allocated against stores and campaigns.
• Keep abreast of evolving music industry, eCommerce, and digital marketing trends and technologies
Bring your VIBE:
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's Degree in advertising, marketing, music business, or related field preferred
• Experience working in Latin music & entertainment is a major plus
• World class communication skills, both written and oral
• Demonstrated ability to work well with different personalities and stakeholders both internally and externally to produce positive results for clients.
• Extreme attention to detail
• Highly organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts
• Ability to multi-task and juggle numerous high priority projects in a fast-paced environment
• Takes initiative and prioritizes being proactive
• Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure, particularly in tense situations
• Flexible and able to adapt to fluctuation and changes in client needs mid-project
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills as it pertains to project management and client communications
• Experience working with a creative team or department
• Baseline digital marketing knowledge; bonus if it pertains to e-commerce and/or the entertainment industry
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook) and Mac OS
• com experience is a plus
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits, and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.