Social Media Customer Service Representative
Universal Music Group
Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for a passionate and experienced Design Director to help lead a team of graphic designers in the development of best in class creative work across branding, social, merchandise, and web. The person in this role will both mentor younger creatives, helping to elevate and push their work and participate in the creation of concepts and development through to execution. Collaboration across departments to guide aesthetic and conceive unique creative solutions that drive successful results for our clients and campaigns is expected. The ability to create strong narratives across different creative touchpoints is also within the purview of this role.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Spearhead creative development and lead design on branding, website, merchandise, and social media projects
• Motivate and lead the design team to take work from concept to final execution while meeting goals and deadlines
• Work across a range of artists within diverse genres
• Work in partnership with the larger creative ecosystem to develop creative campaigns
• Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide direction
• Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with marketing and account teams
• Present creative concepts to clients and team members
• Maintain best practices and keep an eye on trends within a discipline as well as the culture at large
• Collaborate with the Creative Services Director to track team capacity
Bring your VIBE:
• 7-10 years’ experience in a design or agency setting
• Degree in graphic design, fine art, or related discipline
• Exceptional and innovative design skills across medium and format
• Hands-on experience in the creative process – concept, design development, and execution
• Demonstrated ability and passion for managing individuals and teams across multiple projects
• Excellent command of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Keynote as well as other design and wire-framing tools
• Experience with Shopify, web technologies and e-commerce is a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with many different departments
• Emphasis on being cool under pressure, detail-oriented, and able to set priorities for themselves and for other team members in the department
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.