COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR (14 MONTH CONTRACT)
JOB OPPORTUNITY – COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
(1 4 MONTH CONTRACT – Maternity Leave)
Closing Date: May 21 , 20 21
The UMC team is currently working from home due to the global pandemic and plans on going back into the office in 2021. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Universal Music Canada is Canada's leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
W e are searching for creative, innovative and passionate people to join our team. If you love publicity and got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
Reporting to the Manager, Communications , this role will provide support to the Communications department and will contribute to a positive work environment with an emphasis on a 'team' concept. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, creative and energetic individual with a passion for music.
• Assist Communications team in executing all aspects of the department's day to day initiatives .
• Daily media monitoring and archiving.
• Press release editing (Wordpress) and distribution in daily newsletter to media (Mailchimp).
• Weekly music servicing and album advances.
• Departmental resource development and maintenance (media lists, newspaper/magazine subscriptions, interdepartmental tools).
• Manage communications finances and help process payments.
• General office Administrative Support (mailouts, CD Orders, asset sharing)
• Recommend and implement creative and innovative strategies to create efficient processes.
• Assist with artist press and promo days, concerts, and UMC events as needed.
• Other duties/tasks as assigned.
• R elevant experience in communications or public relations is preferred.
• Post-secondary education in Journalism, English or Public Relations strongly preferred or equivalent in years of experience
• Knowledge and understanding of all media, social media and content creation.
• Excellent organization, planning and priority setting skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Word and Outlook.
• Team player with the ability to contribute to a positive work environment .
• Exceptional computer skills .
• P assionate about music and culture.
Please apply before May 21 , 20 21
Universal Music Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, women, persons with disabilities, people who are LGBTQ2S+, and people from other diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1599-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.