Universal Music Group
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
We are currently seeking an A&R Coordinator that will provide support to a GM and EVP. He/she will help maintain a very busy schedule, handle heavy phone traffic, and serve as a point person for the department. The ideal candidate will come from music or entertainment and have previous experience supporting an executive. Must be very efficient and highly detail oriented; multitasking and working on tight deadlines in a fast- paced environment is crucial
How you'll CREATE:
• Answer busy phones, manage and maintain calendars, meeting requests, travel and expenses
• Handle all assets and information needed for meetings. Provide agendas, manage video conference and play music submissions
• Booking artist travel & studio time
• Coordinating records/sessions – files for mix/master, recording budgets etc
• Distributing audio
• Compiling credits, updating StudioHub, collecting lyrics, publishing info
• EP & Album delivery deadlines, audio submission
• Expenses/diary/travel (admin functions)
• Booking meeting rooms in the future
• RIAA Certifications
• Provide additional support to A&R department as required
Bring your VIBE:
• Must be passionate about music and excited to learn in a fun and inspiring environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Positive and can-do attitude
• Comfortable in fast-paced environment
• Flexibility and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels
• Must be self-motivated, proactive and resourceful
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• 1-2 years of promotions, A&R, and/or administrative experience in music or entertainment
• Experience supporting more than one senior executive is preferred
• Degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.