Team Lead Animator (Gameplay) [Far Cry Project]
Ubisoft Toronto is one of the largest development studios within Ubisoft, employing talented people from around the world. We create worlds and tell stories that grip you, inspire you and challenge you. Since opening in 2010, we have shipped innovative game projects on some of Ubisoft's biggest brands: Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, For Honor and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling industry-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft Toronto, we are always striving to get better, be better and do better – embracing innovative ideas, exploring new technologies, and working together courageously and collaboratively.
What you'll do as a Team Lead Animator:
• Support and drive AAA quality standards for the animation team;
• Work with Directors and Production Management team on animation style and quality expectations;
• Collaborate with our other project function and studio teams.
• Create, prioritize, assign, and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team's work with regards to deliverables;
• Represent the team;
• Organize and lead team meetings and/or reviews with directors;
• Know the game's story and narrative gameplay (through game design documents) and understand the technical/artistic constraints so as to be able to lead and coach the team;
• Draft regular reports for the Production Management team on the advancement of the team's work and recommend corrective measures whenever necessary to meet project objectives;
• For the team, anticipate and recognize potential conflicts and recommend solutions to the Production Management team;
• Be a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects for team members (where necessary);
• Take part in performance assessments in collaboration with the Production Management team;
• Coordinate bug correction as it pertains to the team's work;
• Help recruit, manage and mentor team members;
• Ensure that new employees integrate the team;
• Support and drive the strategy of Animation pipeline, tools and processes;
• Carry out working unit-related tasks (depending on the size of the team the incumbent must supervise);
• Perform any other related tasks.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. If you are excited about the role, we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the qualifications listed below.
• Strong hands-on understanding of animation software applications (3D Studio Max and Motionbuilder), principles and fundamentals;
• Leadership: Having managerial courage, self-driven with a sense of initiative;
• Ability to assemble productive teams;
• Time and priority management;
• Resourcefulness in problem-solving;
• Stress and change management skills;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Knowledge of the other game production working units an asset;
• Flexibility in organizing work and an ability to delegate;
• Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.);
• Knowledge of the technical constraints of real time, 3D engines and level editors;
• Resourceful in pushing innovation, optimization and new ideas;
• Knowledge of the tools used by team members;
• Project management knowledge an asset;
• Knowledge of the MS Office suite an asset;
• 5+ years' experience in animation or other relevant experience;
• 2+ years of experience in a team lead, supervisory, management role or other relevant experience;
• College Diploma/Degree in animation or area of expertise for video games;
• Certification in project management or equivalent is an asset.
What to send our way
• Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
• A portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
• A hybrid, flexible work model
• Five weeks of vacation + one week office closure around the December holidays
• An enhanced parental leave program
• Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
• Disability Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Extended medical insurance
• (Optional) RRSP contribution
• Relocation Assistance (If Applicable)
• Bonus (If Applicable)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r15mj0-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams