The Assistant technical director will support the Technical director (TD) by ensuring that their instructions are carried out. The incumbent may also be assigned on more important technical responsibilities for part of the game and in their field of expertise. The Assistant TD will be responsible for production tasks (this aspect of the work will depend on the size of the team and/or the incumbent's field of expertise).
The Assistant TD will be involved in determining project needs, implementing efficient work tools and methods and answering the first-line technical questions of members of their working unit.
• Define his team's technical needs by consulting project documents and communicating with those involved in the development of the creative vision (design and artistic) in collaboration with the TD;
• Help develop/select the best internal and external tools, in collaboration with the TD, to enhance and facilitate the work of the working unit by testing tools before they are deployed on the project and ensuring their proper functioning throughout the process;
• Suggest best practices to the TD to standardize work methods and ensure the validity and integrity of the data by drafting and updating pipeline documents on a regular basis, setting out a common classification system, training processes users and regularly reminding working unit and team members of the technical constraints and their rationale;
• Ensure the technical validation of the data produced by the working unit or team, resolve first-line technical issues to support the team by working in close collaboration with programmers and the TD, inform the TD of any current and/or future technical issues and recommend solutions;
• Participate to the optimization and debugging to fix the issues raised in their field of expertise;
• Inform the TD on the advancement of the work on a regular basis to ensure that the TD is able to assess the progress of the deliverables;
• Carry out working unit-related tasks (part of the time);
• Carry out all other related tasks.
Diploma in their working unit for audio or equivalent.
• Experience in audio production or other relevant experience;
• Experience in their working unit at all game production phases an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
• Resourcefulness in problem-solving;
• Ability to draft technical documents (in French);
• User focus;
• Time and priority management skills;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Proficiency in English (good communication skills, ability to draft technical documents).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3q7bn-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.