The University Relations Recruiter will support the Manager, University Relations with the recruitment and facilitation of WarnerMedia's nationwide year-round internship programs. Develop strong and trusting relationships with assigned clients by performing best in class search and recruitment engagements. Create, develop and execute search strategies, ensuring a positive candidate experience throughout. Strategically and effectively fill vacant positions within assigned client group by collaborating with hiring managers and HR partners to ensure most effective recruitment support is provided and results in successful hires in the shortest time frame. The Recruiter will also lead and participate in related recruitment activities and initiatives, which include event planning and execution of virtual and on-campus programming (including career fairs, info sessions and panels).
*This recruiting role will focus on the recruitment of CNN internships, from digital, to editorial and production. The ability to collaborate, innovate, and implement new intern partnerships among this client group is essential for success.
Responsible for full scope recruitment of assigned internship positions, which includes identifying and presenting top qualified candidates to hiring managers. Effective recruitment efforts will be conducted through direct sourcing, university job boards, on-campus/virtual recruitment efforts, resume database, employee referrals, and relevant partner organizations.
• Develop, determine, and execute recruitment strategies and processes for assigned searches through successful completion.
• Plan, market, and execute various internal and external virtual/in-person recruitment events: media treks, intern alumni events and career fairs.
• Support University Relations leadership in developing and executing on university relations goals by leading and/or participating in various working groups on the team.
• Plan, market, and execute various internship program activities (ex. Orientation Day, Speaker Series, Intern Panels, etc.).
• Build and develop external relationships with students within area(s) of industry expertise.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition full-time recruitment team to support intern pipelining initiatives; identify & present qualified former intern candidates for relevant vacant positions.
• Comply with and implement established search execution processes including, but not limited to: video and phone screens, distributing regular status reports to hiring managers, conducting effective kick-off meetings and creating/editing effective job descriptions.
• Update applicant tracking system on a timely basis to ensure accurate reporting on relevant recruitment metrics.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience required
• At least 2 years of experience in Talent Acquisition required (preferably in a university recruitment function)
• Fluency in Spanish is strongly desired, but not required
• Demonstrated ability to execute full cycle recruitment searches
• News or entertainment industry experience strongly preferred
• Experience with emerging businesses strongly preferred
• Experience with recruitment for corporate sectors desired
• Strong working knowledge with a company-wide recruitment applicant tracking system, Internet, MS Word, Excel, Outlook
• This role will involve campus visits and inter-bureau travel so you must be willing and able to travel up to 20% of the year.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as is the ability to adapt from speaking to executive clients and to students!
• Strong presentation skills are desired. Strong project management and organizational skills are essential.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqopym-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.