WarnerMedia seeks a Transmission Maint Engineer II for the ESS - Transmission Engineering department.
• The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical operation support for satellite and fiber optic television transmissions from internal and external event locations for both live & taped events. This includes all aspects of transmission equipment set-up, operation, signal acquisition, quality control & enhancement, distribution, and identification and removal of possible disruptive components within the signal stream. This position must devise immediate and viable solutions to issues that do or can affect air quality.
• This position is also responsible for maintenance support including equipment installation, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnosis of equipment and system issues. Interacting with vendors to repair transmission related equipment, including satellite receivers, satellite antenna systems, frame synchronizers, routers, MPEG and RF analyzers, and computer network management systems is also required. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining process and equipment related documentation, and for maintaining and programming transmission related equipment such as routers, encoders, agile satellite dishes, etc.
• This position requires highly technical operations skills, electronic maintenance skills, and computer operation skills. Must possess a solid knowledge of TCP/IP, SNMP, IP addressing, and network server operation. Position must also have a good working understanding of MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and JPEG 2000 encoding, ASI transport, SMPTE 2110, and QPSK, 8PSK, DVB and DVB-S2 compression/modulation formats.
• Must be comfortable installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting various fiber optic systems. Must also have a thorough knowledge of serial digital video, and various audio formats such as Dolby-PL2, Dolby-AC-3 and Dolby-E. Must be comfortable operating various test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, MPEG analyzers, video analyzers, etc. Must be able to troubleshoot issues with complex systems in a quick and efficient manner. Must be a clear and effective communicator.
• Position must have the ability to work under constantly changing levels of pressure.
• A two year engineering degree (or equivalent work experience in a television engineering field).
• 5 years of live event technical operations experience.
• Understanding of satellite transmission technologies.
• Understanding of digital video and audio signals.
• Understanding of computer operation and connectivity.
• Desired background with SMPTE 2110 Video Standard
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkwz0-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.