Lead Data Analyst, Core Growth
New York, NY
Turner Services Inc. seeks a Sr. Manager, Business Operations/Strategy for the EPP DTC department.
CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation news and information experiences online. You'll be joining an empowered cross-functional team building the trusted new digital products that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming directly in the hands of consumers. The Internet is changing the news and information landscape, and we have an ambitious product roadmap grounded in journalism and facts. We have a unique ability to marry content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community. The Emerging Products Business Operations team works across the organization to support effective decision-making, build our commercial capabilities, and scale operations to meet our product expansion strategy. We view the business as a complex system, and strive every day to better understand, optimize, and accelerate it. As we develop new products and business models, we are looking for a strong business generalist to bring a mix of people, process, and data perspectives to take on our toughest business problems
• As the Senior Manager of Business Operations for Emerging Products, you will juggle a variety of projects. You'll have opportunities to narrow your focus over time, but we value flexibility to:
• Help design how we will commercialize and operate new products at CNN, focusing on user lifecycle management, business intelligence, and product pipeline
• Develop a deep understanding of the key drivers of our business and how each product, function, and initiative contributes to them.
• Partner with product and functional leaders to identify, analyze, and resolve the critical issues facing our business; collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to define action plans, and program manage the execution.
• Embed within product teams to help them validate user/problem/solution fit, market potential, and business cases.
• Install team operating and collaboration model; finding creative, lightweight ways to align focus on our objectives, and continuously level-up team processes and habits
• We believe that success in BizOps can come from many different paths and flavors, but here are some things we think will help:
• 5+ years exposure to digital product development, testing, and/or go-to-market; able to quickly build credibility with technical teams, talk their language and be the connective tissue across technology, business, and media teams
• Natural problem-solver and strategic thinker; comfortable bringing structure to chaos, and quickly connecting implications up and downstream
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.