Turner Sports is the team that delivers sports broadcasts to the WarnerMedia networks like TBS, TNT, and truTV. We are also responsible for operating sites like NCAA.com, NBA.com, and ELEAGUE.com. CNN is a major global pioneering news channel which has been at the forefront of news reporting for over 30 years. Its two dozen branded networks and services are available to more than 2 billion people in more than 200 countries and territories. It reaches 100 million households in the US and CNN International reaches more than 402 million households & hotel rooms around the world.
The Production IT Operations analyst is the go-to technical support person for Turner Sports. From deskside support, to remote support, networking troubleshooting for the office LAN and the Production networks, they get hands on for it all. Onboarding new employees and transitioning departing employees and handling the IT needs in between is the primary function for this role. They are the interpreter for technical topics for the rest of the company's staff and will handle communications with the greater IT departments at Warnermedia. They will work with a small collaborative team of professionals to support offices in Atlanta NY, SF, and London.
Secondary responsibilities - Broadcast production is the main output for Turner Sports and with broadcasting moving increasingly to IP networks, this role will be called upon to assist and support ongoing shows and remote events from an IT perspective. This will entail a flexible schedule and travel for this support.
• Facilitate technical support throughout the organization.
• Manage internet routers, switches, networking and ISPs.
• Manage our cloud-based IT services, hardware/software upgrades and licensing, and working alongside the operations team.
• Provide technical support across the company (remotely and in person).
• Assist with completion of daily critical system checks and maintenance.
• Resolve issues, prioritizing based on business impact and escalating when needed to senior staff and/or third-party resources to ensure timely resolution utilizing our ticketing systems (FreshService and ServiceNow).
• Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers/scanners and related hardware where needed.
• Assist in the onboarding and offboarding experience including but not limited to configuring equipment and orientation.
• Assist with security best practices and maintenance.
• Oversee end user compliance with company policies and security standards.
• Create and maintain documentation on procedures, policies and accounts.
• Assist with ongoing projects and other required tasks while evaluating problems and identifying solutions and prioritizing to meet business needs.
• Maintain and monitor current systems.
• Provide exceptional and professional customer service and communication for all IT needs and issues.
• Communicate clearly and provide timely updates to upper management on the status of critical issues, such as system outages and projects.
• Help with internal meetings, company events and broadcast productions including occasional remote events and events outside of normal business hours.
• Liaise with corporate IT departments.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in IT, technical support, or help desk environment.
• Experience in troubleshooting hardware and software, customer service via email, phone, text and chat, addressing mobile devices, utilizing ticketing systems, etc.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience. (Certifications count!).
• Self-starter, ability to work independently as the team is spread through out the country.
• Must have strong interpersonal, communication, time management, and organization skills; be proactive; and have a great attention to detail. Expanding details in tickets for follow up from other technicians is critical.
• Experience in administration or use of these SaaS based tools:
• JAMF (JAMF Certified Admin preferable)
• Mac OS X & iOS experience: configuration, management, security, usage, troubleshooting, etc..
• Experience with the MS Office365 suite of applications. (Outlook, Sharepoint, Teams, etc.)
• Sports fans welcome (but not necessary!).
• Flexible schedule – most times the work schedule will be consistent but during production events, can shift to assist with coverage for the event or show.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvko87-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.