WarnerMedia seeks a Manager, Research for the Entertainment Ad Sales Research department.
This leadership position requires extensive knowledge of the principles and theories of media research and requires the ability to use independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals. We are looking for an enthusiastic go-getter who can be proactive and take initiative, while working with sales and other research members, and who can comfortably present projects in front of large groups. This position will work closely with the senior members to manage and train junior members of the team as they work together to complete projects and support sales. The Manager will be expected to maintain current knowledge of the media industry across all platforms and should be a source of knowledge for Sales with the ability to speak to the data and key stories. The Manager will also be expected to draw reasonable and actionable conclusions from different data sets and make recommendations to peers and senior management. The role is responsible for working across all platforms where our brands' content lives -- linear TV, mobile, desktop, VOD, OTT, and social. This person will be expected to be extremely knowledgeable of the WarnerMedia Entertainment brands (TNT, TBS, TRU, ADSM, TOON, BOOM, Fullscreen, HBO Max AVOD, and WB Syndication) as well as have a basic knowledge of the WarnerMedia portfolio brands, collaborating across different divisions. The ability to work effectively across divisions and levels is a must! They will respond to and manage ad hoc requests and collaborate closely with sales and research on projects for the branding, positioning, and selling of the WarnerMedia brands.
• Be an expert on cross-platform consumption and innovations in measurement
• Oversee groups regular reporting
• Work in partnership with integrated marketing on custom sponsorships
• Work closely with the Marketing Sciences team on ad effectiveness studies, ROI projects, and other custom work
• Assist in vetting syndicated data vendors and making recommendations for new data sources and third-party vendors
• Support sales and marketing strategy with custom research and case studies across platforms and brands
• Provide context on industry and consumer trends by monitoring, interpreting, and distributing findings from syndicated, social listening platforms, and first party and syndicated resources
• Manage ad hoc research projects from beginning to end
• Work closely with the brand and portfolio research teams to ensure our digital properties are properly measured
• Partner with key digital stakeholders to deeply understand the business issues and specific questions to address
• Cultivate relationships across internal cross-functional teams, including Measurement, Marketing, Product, Social Activation, and Go-To-Market teams.
• Utilize audience data and strong data visualizations to distill data-driven insights
• Minimum of 4 years of market research or data-driven marketing experience with media agencies, advertisers, TV/digital publishers, or market research vendors
• Experience analyzing datasets and translating them into actionable insights and marketing stories
• Familiar with digital process and concepts
• Must be a numbers savvy, detailed oriented self-starter
• Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
• Ability to collaborate, meet deadlines, and produce accurate, detailed results.
• Proficient in developing customer relationships and influencing stakeholders and clients
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of cross-platform media landscape including desktop / mobile, OTT, STB VOD, social, and linear television consumption, as well as gaming and app performance.
• Mastery of Microsoft Office
• Proficiency in extracting and manipulating data from Nielsen Media Research and other audience insights reporting systems (e.g. MRI, YouGov, Pathmatics, SensorTower)
• Advanced facility with digital and social listening toolsets including Adobe, Conviva, Google, YouTube, Facebook Insights, ListenFirst, Shareablee, etc.
• Experience leading custom/primary market research ad effectiveness studies with vendors
• Extensive knowledge of digital measurement (tagging, SDK implementation) on behalf of advertiser campaigns
• Experience managing people / teams
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7xqq-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.