WarnerMedia seeks a Head of Production, KYAC for the Adult Development – Toon department.
The Head of Production (KYAC) is responsible for all Production including series, specials, longforms and pilots for linear, streaming and digital for Cartoon Network and Adult Swim. This position will oversee both Live Action and Animation production with outside studios, 3rd party and in-house and will oversee a team of producers supporting both networks in all media, for all platforms, globally. This leader is a key member of the executive team and actively supports both the kid and family and young audience businesses for KYAC.
• Oversees of all Production (Series, longforms, specials, pilots), both live action and animation, for Cartoon Network and Adult Swim.
• Oversees budgets and schedules of 20-30 series and 50 or so pilots annually.
• Oversees in-house content production, production run through 3rd party studios and operates as chief production consultant for KYAC on all production properties produced with independent studios/contractors.
• Works with the Head of Kids and Family/ Head of adult swim to ensure the content remains true to the vision and integrity of the creator and ultimately the networks.
• Provides regular production reports to head of business operations concerning all aspects of series production, including episode completion, schedule status, budget status, staffing, etc.
• Responsible for building a results-oriented and flexible team that is responsible for all production of content for Cartoon Network and [adult swim].
• Builds and grows the team so that CN and [as] continue to attract artists and empowers the best, brightest and most diverse talent to partner with us to tell their stories.
• Fosters open communications, encourages a participative team-oriented approach to production and serves as a leader that promotes creativity, innovation and the desire to be the best.
• Research and qualify production services providers.
• Negotiate all vendor contracts, including recording, editing, and overseas production.
• This position is responsible for maintaining contact with Controller and financial personnel regarding production budget.
• This position controls costs by overseeing production schedules and budgets for both Animation and Live Action.
• Approve purchase of all necessary equipment, furniture and supplies for adult swim internal production team and kid and family business as needed.
• Assure on‑time delivery of finished episodes to the Network.
• This position requires a minimum of ten years' experience in animation and live action production.
• An undergraduate degree in business or extensive professional experience in the industry.
• This position requires extensive experience in the following areas:
• Live Action
• Film Production
• Post Production
• Overseas Production
• Production Scheduling
• Production Management
• Production Budgeting
• Cost Accounting
• Relationships within the creative community
• Awareness of current technologies
• Interpersonal Skills
• Legal Contracts
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbn1me-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.