Associate Product Manager (HBO Max)
Turner Services Inc. seeks an Associate Product Manager for the Prod Mgmt – HBO Max department.
HBO Max launched in May 2020, featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. HBO Max serves as the exclusive home for original movies, series, short-form, and more - part of a vibrant collection that spans the unmatched catalog of HBO, the most recent movie releases from Warner Brothers, and so much more. We're looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to WarnerMedia through strategic hard-work and determination.
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Associate Product Manager, reporting to the Senior Product Manager for HBO Max. This individual will collaborate cross-functionally with the Design, Engineering, Editorial, Content and Marketing teams to successfully deliver premium products and experiences for HBO Max.
• Manages and ensures the execution of new product initiatives from conception through delivery, including gathering requirements, writing user stories, gaining stake-holder approvals and working with engineering teams to ensure requirements are clearly understood
• Partners with the Design/UX team to iterate & convey specifications that best suit user needs, working with designers to create a compelling visual experience
• Uses analytics to steer improvements, inform projects, and drive product decisions
• Collaborates closely with Editorial, Content and Marketing teams to identify dependencies and ensure product roadmap supports overarching business objectives
• Works with the marketing and lifecycle teams to identify audiences for email, push, in-app campaigns and works with the marketing tech/data platform teams to create these audiences
• For the product portfolio, completes tasks associated with the following work:
• Market Research and competitive analysis
• Business case: Identifying business value; recommending metrics and objectives based on business value at the feature level
• Feature/functionality roadmap: reviews across product line, collaborates with other cross-departmental team members
• Business readiness/implementation planning
• External launch planning/execution
• Post-launch monitoring of product ROI, business value & customer feedback: Tracks and recommends course corrections for product line
• All about user experience. You've got a deep-rooted passion for championing product vision, and you're known for artfully and effectively articulating user stories and requirements
• A self-starter who loves collaboration. You're comfortable working independently as well as influencing cross-functional teams
• A talented juggler. You successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy
• Dedicated and fast-moving. You're known to operate with passion, urgency, and discipline
• Technical or you understand technical terms and technical people. You're comfortable in a room of developers and data scientists.
• Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
• Bachelor's degree required
• 3+ years of Product Management experience
• Prior Product experience within the evolving digital landscape, including video streaming, content distribution workflows and responsive development
• Experience with usability / product research tools
• Experience creating dashboards, service documentation, and roadmap presentations.
• Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: JIRA, Asana) preferred
• Strong balance of communication, creative and technical skills
• Proven track record of delivering high-quality, innovative consumer experiences
• Highly developed organizational, planning and analytical capabilities with tactical execution
• Demonstrated interpersonal and strong communication skills; written and oral
• Formal and informal presentation skills in small and large group settings
• Familiarity with Braze