We are looking for a talented engineer with a passion for Gameplay to join our team in either Santa Monica, CA or Vancouver, BC. The ideal candidate will have two or more years of experience in a similar role. This is an opportunity to work on a cutting-edge Gameplay mechanics in the world's premiere FPS franchise. We're looking for someone who comes to the table with new ideas, but has the pragmatism required to ship a video game.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
What you'll be doing:
• Work with the AI engineering team and cross functions to craft best-in-class Gameplay experience for our next AAA title.
• Contribute ideas, design, implement, optimize, and troubleshoot AI and Gameplay systems in a large cross platform codebase.
• 3+ of experience in Gameplay, AI, or similar position
• 1+ shipped games as Gameplay or AI Engineer
• Solid programming C/C++ skills and knowledge of algorithms and data structures
• Strong debugging, optimization, and performance analysis skills
• Solid math skills – especially linear algebra and 3D vector math
• Game knowledge and an understanding of the design principles behind games
• Ability to collaborate with other engineers as well as non-technical team members
• Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative and productive challenges evolve
• And most importantly, a passion for making games
• Expertise in one or more of the following areas: AI (locomotion, pathfinding, state machines, behavior trees), Animation (blend trees, IK, motion matching), Vehicle simulations, Weapon mechanics, Collision, Physics
• Experience with scripting languages
• Previously shipped AAA titles
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93904-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.