We are looking for a talented engineer with a passion for Gameplay to join our team in Santa Monica, CA. This is an opportunity to work on a cutting-edge Gameplay mechanics in the world's premiere FPS franchise. We're looking for someone who comes to the table with new ideas, but has the pragmatism required to ship a video game.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Work with the engineering team and cross functions to craft best-in-class Gameplay experience for our next AAA title
• Contribute ideas, design, implement, optimize, and troubleshoot Gameplay systems in a large cross platform codebase
• Core programming C/C++ skills and knowledge of algorithms and data structures
• Core debugging, optimization, and performance analysis skills
• Core math skills – especially linear algebra and 3D vector math
• Game knowledge and basic understanding of the design principles behind games
• Familiarity with development software including Visual Studio and Source Control Tools
• Ability to collaborate with other engineers as well as non-technical team members
• Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative and productive challenges evolve
• And most importantly, a passion for making games
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: Gameplay mechanics, AI, Animation, Vehicle, simulations, Weapon mechanics, Physics, Collision, Networking
• Experience with scripting languages
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mn6e-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.