IT Project and Change Delivery Manager
London, United Kingdom
Location: London, UK
Division: Ticketmaster Tech
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
THE TEAM: Platform Engineering
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
You will be working as Lead Systems Engineer the Ticketmaster Platform Engineering team. The platform team's goal is to address pain points in product engineering teams by recommending and developing support services, APIs and libraries. In addition, the team works closely on developing new services and technology stacks for use by teams in AWS.
We work on broad technology and we need you to be deep in a few areas but not all.
The mission of the team is to build and maintain reliable, scalable and secure services which can be easily consumed or used by technology teams via API's or self-service tools. Automation is in our DNA and we strive to make our services simple and easy to use
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Helping engineering teams work efficiently, safely and at speed.
• Provide clear and accurate documentation, guidance and advice around best practice use of our services.
• Solving or helping to solve complex problems with a view to improving Developer efficiency and security.
• Recommending technical solutions based on research, knowledge and experience.
• Promoting and contributing to solutions and best practices for Platform and Product Delivery teams.
• Implementing solutions that reduce complexity for Product teams.
• Supports technology strategies and promotes alignment to maximise delivery and performance
• Implementing PoCs to assess solutions alongside Platform and Product Delivery teams.
• Focus on automation and self-service tooling.
• Proposing changes in design or workflow to improve system and/or process reliability.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• A solid practical knowledge of Cloud Native Technologies and Open Source software.
• Containers and Container Orchestration (e.g. rkt, Docker, Kubernetes/EKS ).
• Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Helm, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet).
• Monitoring and Observability (Fluentd, ELK, Prometheus).
• Delivery and Testing (Glitlab CI, Jenkins, Circle CI).
• A good understanding of Operating Systems and related technology.
• Solid knowledge in best practices and standards for Public Cloud (e.g. AWS).
• Permissions, Security, Services, & Costings
• Solid knowledge in Security best practices and the ability to help assess security risks.
• Proficient at least one development language (e.g. Python, Go, Ruby, Java ).
• A bachelor's degree in CS/Information Systems or equivalent experience.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Engage with and collaborate with multiple development teams.
• You are autonomous and proactive and encourage this in others.
• You have strong attention to detail
• You can work with minimal supervision.
• You are flexible and pragmatic.
• You have perseverance in the face of change and ambiguity.
• You have a keen interest in new technologies and open source.
• You have ability to organize, prioritize; multitask while coordinating team efforts.
• You promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
• You are passionate about automation and tooling.
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.