Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Controller of Shared Services is responsible for the strategic leadership, day-to-day management and continuous operation of the U. S. and Canadian Shared Services organization, with the primary focus on the Payroll, Accounts Payable, Vendor Tax and Cash Management functions. This position is responsible for ensuring an appropriate control environment, adherence to established policies and procedures while driving operational efficiency across all responsible areas, managing departmental participation in Corporate initiatives impacting departments and providing ongoing leadership and functional oversight. This position reports to the Chief Accounting Officer and interfaces directly with senior financial and operations management of multiple divisions. This position will be central to driving change and meaningful improvements throughout North America back-office.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Operational responsibility for U. S. and Canada Shared Services processes including but not limited to: Payroll, Accounts Payable, Vendor Information and Tax Reporting (1099/1042), Unclaimed Property Reporting and Cash Management.
• Oversee four Shared Services functional managers who direct approximately 40+ employees to achieve departmental goals and performance standards, resource requirements and day-to-day activities.
• Work directly with LNE leadership when defining expected outcomes, dealing with problem identification, resolution, and corrective action and drive Shared Services departments to a high level of internal and external customer service.
• Provide subject matter expertise on transactional issues for all Shared Services departments including payroll taxation, non-resident alien withholding, internal policy and procedures, vendor tax reporting as well as software implementation projects, process design, and organizational change.
• Continually look at ways to improve process effectiveness and efficiency, while maintaining anticipated results.
• Assist Shared Services department managers in the development of work plans, customer service goals, employee retention and development, and day-to-day activities as needed.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with all SOX and internal accounting policies and procedures required to produce complete and accurate financial results impacted by Shared Services.
• Build ongoing relationships with LNE Corporate and Division Leadership to ensure that Shared Services is providing appropriate levels of service.
• Prepare annual Shared Services budget, monitor monthly department financial results, and communicate forecast changes monthly.
• Responsible for periodic updates to the Global System of Authority Document as well as providing guidance and interpretation of this document to Division personnel as needed.
• Oversee all audits (internal, external, and regulatory) of all Shared Services functions.
• Establish and maintain productivity and processing metrics that will be used to manage workload, as well as provide internal operational results.
• Special projects and travel as needed
Qualifications and Requirements
• BBA in Accounting and CPA preferred.
• ERP system experience required, Oracle Financials preferred.
• Previous experience with ADP National accounts preferred.
• Ten to Fifteen years of experience in a large, high volume multi-divisional corporate environment required and prior shared services experience preferred. High volume transactional processing experience required. (Payroll – 20,000+ employees; Accounts Payable – 10,000+ monthly invoice volume).
• Ten plus years of prior management experience with strong leadership abilities in managing and developing teams, with the ability to create clear goals, foster accountability, and ownership, while encouraging delegation at appropriate levels.
• Knowledge of vendor tax (1099/1042) and unclaimed property reporting.
• Ability to maintain professional demeanor and positive attitude in a fast paced, continually changing business environment.
• Strong problem resolution skills and experience in dealing directly with internal customers to manage and meet expectations for delivery of services.
• Ability to transform strategic goals into project plans and meet defined deadlines.
• Experience in payroll processing requirements and practices for large company with diverse payroll including multistate, union, tipped employees, and employee stock transactions.
• Strong knowledge of internal control requirements for transactional processing required.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills – both written and oral.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71399-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.