The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Mill in Los Angeles is looking for a Technical Operator to join our team. This role requires great attention to detail in order to ensure a high quality delivery to our clients. You will need to work well under pressure both individually and as a team member of the MCR dept.
The ideal candidate will be expected to do the following:
• QC all Masters for delivery
• Encode files for broadcast digital delivery eg. Extreme Reach
• Be familiar with encoding specs for digital delivery of both Broadcast and WEB files
• Transcode files using Vantage, Media Encoder, Episode, & QuicktimePro
• Have an understanding of frame rates and conversions
• Upload graded footage, EDLs, audio files and offlines to the appropriate places on the server.
• Upload/download files to Aspera/FTP sites
• Cost out worksheets ready for billing
• Create worksheets for dub requests
• Log material in and out of the building
• Data Archive/Restore from LT06 tape
• Have a solid knowledge of US & international broadcast standards both HD/SD.
• 2-3 years' experience required
• Hours are shifted and have the potential to be long including evenings and some weekends
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxvq6-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.