Trace was founded in 2010 by former staff from The Mill. Trace provides the best, most consistent VFX (Visual Effects) outsourcing to the world's top companies.
Initially focused on the VFX service of rotoscoping, the breadth of Trace services quickly grew to include paint, tracking, 3D, and pipeline development. Today, Trace has producers in New York, London and Los Angeles, with a staff of over 1000 in Mumbai, Trace is the world's leader in visual effects prep outsourcing.
We believe that running a successful visual effects company is dependent on attracting and retaining the best talent. Recently named the number one VFX company to work for in India, we produce the highest quality work by nurturing the best people. Trace is not a factory. At Trace we aim to be best in the world at whatever we do – and settle for nothing else. We are a consistent and responsible partner for the world's VFX industry.
A Camera Tracking/Matchmove Artist / Roto Animation Artist is responsible for geometry, camera and object movement of a live-action shot in a 3D environment delivering high-quality 3D Character Roto Animation. Responsible to match the movement & silhouette of the 3D character to the live-action shot.
• Camera Tracking and match moving objects in live action plates for VFX projects
• Work collaboratively with other members of the 3D team and other VFX departments
• Knowledge in the tool of 3d Equalizer & Maya is essential.
• Thorough understanding of camera and rigid-body tracking, and use of survey data when generating camera and object tracks
• Knowledge with Lidar and other onset data
• Understanding of real-world camera attributes such as apertures, lenses and distortion
Any of the following is a bonus:
• 3D Roto Animation; matching digital models to live-action plates will be a plus
• Experience using other tracking packages are advantageous (e.g.: Boujou & Syntheyes)
• Punctual and proactive.
• Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Able to take direction and feedback well from the Leads & Supervisors
• Having a good eye for detail and precision.