The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
We are actively looking for a Junior Systems Administrator. This role offers the potential to advance your technical skills and experience using state-of-the-art technology. You will have an opportunity to learn from highly experienced colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind, enjoy computing and want to be a part of some very high profile productions, then this is the place for you.
• Provide friendly face to face and phone support for VFX Artists using Linux and Windows. To include: application issues, OS issues, networking problems, login issues, software installs and requests for peripherals.
• Set up, move and install workstations to meet production requirements.
• Troubleshoot, repair and RMA workstation hardware.
• Calibrate artist monitors.
• Provide general help to other members of the Systems team.
• Provide late cover on a rotational shift pattern.
• Various ad hoc project work.
• Familiarity with Linux, including use of command line and configuration files.
• Knowledge of Windows including installation and configuration.
• A basic knowledge of servers, networking, storage and render systems for trouble shooting purposes.
• A keen interest in computer systems technology and the ambition to increase your skill and knowledge base
• Great people skills and the desire to be part of a team.
• Self-motivated and proactive.
• Ability to prioritize workload and respond quickly to important issues
• Enthusiastic with a commitment to learn.
• Degree in a technical discipline
• Programming or scripting experience
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of film visual effects. If you are interested, please apply online.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8ewe-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.