The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin, Amsterdam, Seoul and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
The Executive Producer is a senior role within The Mill. The role has both internal and external responsibilities. Externally, the role is client facing, requiring the EP to identify and win the appropriate work from both existing and new clients. The EP will need to be confident in articulating the Mill message and will need to work with the New Business and marketing team to get the message across. The EP will need to be a strong negotiator with a focus on pitching and winning work in conjunction with Creative Directors. Internally, the EP will need to be a focal point for their team, providing leadership and vision for both production and creatives. The EP will need to organise and execute a strategic sales plan and communicate that to their team members. You will provide guidance, advice and mentoring to both Producers and artists and will ensure that the working conditions of the team are in line with The Mill's vision of an energetic, challenging workplace that provides opportunities to grow and develop in a welcoming, friendly and diverse environment. The EP will be a source of positivity, inspiration and learning for team members and will uphold the values and reputation of The Mill at all times.
You must be a German speaker.
Sales • Highly proactive in the winning of new business • Development and management of strategic plan to win new business including clients and accounts to be targeted by The Mill and defining client specific strategies to win business Network with agency, production company and editorial clients in order to spot opportunities and liaise with the Head of Production, EPs, Managing Director, COO on future sales strategy.
• Research and source new and up and coming directing/creative talent. Keep abreast of our competitors talent and projects and forward plan for quiet periods through a sales and marketing plan THE MILL | EXECUTIVE PRODUCER THEMILL.COM | @MILLCHANNEL
• Monitor the satisfaction of existing clients and ensure that they continue to use The Mill • Develop and maintain an 'ear' to the market and disseminate relevant information to the production team and key staff at The Mill.
• Ensure the most effective use of resources and drive the highest end creative work with effective production and delivery of projects to budget and time • Attend industry events.
Production • Plan and set budgets, manage negotiations and quotations with key clients. As such the EP will be instrumental in delivering increased sales and margin and achieving set targets • Oversee quotations and sales pitches with clients as necessary with more junior members of production
• Ensure the most effective use of the company's technical, creative and personnel resources to deliver a successful and profitable outcome on all projects undertaken
• Drive and manage the highest end creative work with effective production and delivery of projects to budget and time
• Supervise and ensure quality control on all projects and give feedback when required to appropriate personnel
• Ensure that quality standards and good working practices are met on all projects undertaken • Ensure that we optimise Group resources by liaising with other offices to identify and implement work share opportunities, taking responsibility to drive success in these projects Management
• Manage the members of your Production team • Weekly and monthly oversight of revenue/freelance/workshare/outsourcing targets
• Weekly WIP meeting to track progress of projects vs. Bid / Budget
• Create and deliver financial reports for the Management Board as required
• Work to help deliver the correct discount levels and deliver all projects on track
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxvb1q-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.