Production Assistant / Front Desk
Los Angeles, CA
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Mill is looking for an assistant to join the Despatch team.
The department is responsible for processing all incoming and outgoing deliverables; prepping equipment for Mill shoots; maintaining various library databases; placing stationery orders and managing on and offsite media storage.
It is a shift-based team that operates quickly and efficiently under pressure to tight deadlines. The ideal candidate should have previous experience of working within the post production industry and / or a busy despatch department.
• Logging, scanning and prepping incoming media
• Monitoring and updating various databases (Ceta, Reach, Loop, etc)
• Actioning camera equipment for shoot kit requests
• Processing outgoing deliverables
• Liaising with clients and suppliers to regulate onsite storage space
• Conducting daily inventories of onsite media
• Placing stationery orders
• Distributing internal assets and deliveries
• Producing nightly handover reports
• Demonstrable attention to detail
• Previous experience of data entry systems
• Knowledge of software management tools such as Ceta would be advantageous.
• Excellent customer service skills