London, United Kingdom
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
The 2D VFX Assistant supports the preparation of artwork for the 2D department across Flame, Online, Nuke and Grading. They monitor incoming work, tackling tasks quickly and methodically, whilst maintaining excellent communication through the department.
• Assist with the preparation of artwork and footage before it reaches the suite.
• Work in an organized fashion in such a way someone else could easily pick up or find your work
• Act in a support role to the wider business needs as communicated by production or editorial staff
• Ensure all media leaving the area is correct to spec and created in accordance with protocols
• Take a wide range of file formats and convert them into a standardized 'suite friendly' format
• Maintain the highest levels of support, service and professionalism when communicating with producers, artists and clients
• Ensure that the department has the highest standards and works in a professional environment
• Create legal text in line with legal specification
• Create storyboards and send WIP images to clients
• FTP transfer or roto large image sequences/video footage
• Back up all work promptly and correctly
• Keep internal clients informed about job progress and any technical issues
• Report and log any faults to a Supervisor and Head of Media Technology
• In depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator
• 2 years experience working in a support role for 2D VFX
• Strong focus on client service with a high attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise conflicting tasks