- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
The Telemundo Arizona Technology & Operations department provides Technical Support, Engineering, Media Operations, Production, Studios and Facilities services for internal clients for the local portfolio of NBCU Owned Television Station businesses including a duopoly NBC and Telemundo News organization. The Technology team has responsibility for partnering with our local & division teams to build, deploy and support the technical systems used at NBCU Owned Television stations in Arizona.
Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Systems Engineer is a full-time position within the Technology & Operations Department that will be primarily responsible for providing technical assistant to other departments and maintaining out stations on air. Also, for helping gather requirements, planning, designing and implementing systems within our mission critical broadcast and enterprise IT environment. The role requires that you possess the necessary self-discipline to take ownership and responsibility for delivering technical solutions considering both business and technical needs of all customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the user needs. You will be part of a talented team that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering internal customer-oriented solutions, mission critical infrastructure, and ensuring the highest levels of availability and performance. The role will suit individuals who are excited by the opportunity to work with leading edge technologies in the design, implementation and transition to IP based and highly virtualized broadcast environments.
• ''A Hands on'' accomplished systems engineer dedicated to help our business win by supporting mission critical broadcast and IT systems, projects, and new initiatives.
• Develop strong working relationships with department leaders and their teams including Production Operations, Engineering, IT, Creative Services, Sales, Traffic and News Operations groups to manage systems, documentation, follow best practices and implement new technologies & deliver projects on time & within budget.
• Work with internal and external Technical Support teams to ensure timely resolution of customer requests and issues.
• Provide troubleshooting & support for systems, infrastructure and applications, including root cause analysis.
• Evaluate and optimize workflows related to all broadcast systems including linear and IP fabric for video infrastructures, virtualized Windows & Linux environments, encode / decode platforms, newsgathering tools, NLE, Media Asset Management systems, distribution / transmission systems and other workflow tools.
• Evaluate, test, and install upgrades to all platform operating systems, applications, and hardware
• Risk Management: Assess all issues, adds, changes to mitigate potential system impact.
• Ongoing assessment of workflows, identifying manual processes that can be streamlined or improved upon with new hardware, software, or automation
• Participate in the testing of new technology.
• Install, commission, and configure new technology
• Develop and maintain system documentation for operational and troubleshooting purposes.
• Work with operations teams to ensure SOP's & documentation are written and up to date
• Produce work that is consistently professional, reliable and detail oriented.
• Other duties as deemed necessary
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Broadcast Engineering or similar with 5+ years' experience preferred.
• Equivalent experience considered.
• Military experience in broadcast television considered
• Experience in a similar role with an ISP, media company, systems integrator or other relevant industry.
• Experience in supporting large scale systems to support business needs
• Experience supporting a major market or network News operation
• Proficient with IT routers, switches, firewalls, and port management applications
• Demonstrated knowledge of media over managed IP networks and protocols.
• Proficient in A/V file transcoding, data archiving processes and video compression technologies & standards.
• Knowledge of newsgathering and communications systems
• Strong ability to read and generate system documentation (Visio, ACAD).
• Positive work ethic, ability to work well in groups to execute projects on time and on budget while meeting customer expectations.
• Must be able to process large amounts of information, analyze this information and make sound decisions, sometimes under intense deadline pressure.
• Knowledge of standard engineering processes such as change control and agile development concepts.
• Must be keen to learn and develop new skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Excellent organization, collaboration and communication skills.
• Must possess strong multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
• Must be willing to work in Phoenix, Arizona
• Willingness to travel and work outside standard hours, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds of gear
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if the Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
• Knowledge and experience with hardware virtualization
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse audiences across different departments, ranging from non-technical clients to technical professionals and operations staff.
• Knowledge and experience with setup, testing and documentation of proof-of-concept systems
• Hands on experience with support of non-linear edit systems such as Premier, FCP, Edius.
• Knowledge of media workflow tools and production systems such as Vantage, Dalet, Ross Overdrive or similar.
• Knowledge of distribution systems including RF, streaming and satellite.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz6561-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.