Producer's primary responsibilities are to produce, organize and coordinate all elements involved in creating and producing a fast-paced newscast in Houston #4 Spanish DMA/# 8 General Market. This individual will work closely with the Assistant News Director, Executive Producer, Assignment Editors, Reporters and Anchors. Producer will follow stations news philosophy of Breaking News, Breaking Weather, and Responde (Consumer investigative). Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility. You must be willing to react to breaking news, change your rundown accordingly, contribute story ideas daily, create graphics, assign & edit news-copy, produce other newscasts & specials as needed. Must be willing to work long hours during breaking news if required.
• A Degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years' experience writing in a broadcast or cable news environment.
• Spanish language proficiency (reading and writing).
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and shifts.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Houston, Texas #4 Spanish DMA.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid Driver's License.
• A Producer who recognizes what viewers want to see on multiple platforms.
• Has a great understating of all social platforms.
• Ability to direct the news crew in a ''producer-driven'' environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
• A producer who is creative, who can showcase content in new & inventive ways.
• A strong sense of urgency for breaking news.
• Great communicator on copy and with MMJ's.
• Familiarity with local leaders a plus.
• Up to date on and interested in current news events.
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Team player who is flexible.
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines.
• High degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Strong organizational skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxywk-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.