The Producer Development program is a fast-track opportunity to learn newsgathering and production skills required to be a successful news producer. Participants in the program will work in a fast-paced newsroom within an NBC Owned & Operated Station. Each Producer Associate is assigned a mentor who is an experienced staff member.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 6 months working in news production
• Bilingual in Spanish and English (Speaking/Writing)
• Basic knowledge of camera operation/editing skills
• Basic knowledge of news production systems such as iNews, Dalet or Inception
• Ability to produce videos for digital, including social media
• Be deadline sensitive and make sound decisions under pressure
• This person needs to be a problem solver
• Time management and multi-tasking abilities to handle and prioritize several tasks
• Leadership skills to communicate directions and guidelines for news staff members
• Must be willing to work in Phoenix, Arizona
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have a valid Driver's License
• Ability and willingness to work variable hours including work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required
• Successful coursework in Broadcast Communications or Journalism
• Minimum 1 year of experience within a professional newsroom
• Strong writing skills
• Excellent creative skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly collaborative and creative attitude
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and working well under deadline pressure
• Passion for local news
• Commitment to News Production as a career
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r70b89-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.