San Antonio, TX
• Responsible for gathering information on newsworthy events.
• Coordinate, write, produce and present fair, accurate and unbiased news stories as assigned, as well as feature stories.
• Able to cover Sports news and cover for the Sports Anchor on PTO or during special assignment.
• Maintain informed on news events locally and nationally.
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
• Investigate information to establish facts and determine truth.
• Deliver copy ready from a Teleprompter or with no Teleprompter.
• Gather information on newsworthy events and write, produce and present fair, accurate
• Be responsible for providing on-air news including both in studio and frequent field shoots.
• Create, report and help produce news specials and packages, based on either breaking news or on pre-planned stories that were promoted ahead of time.
• Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas on a year-round basis, both long-term deeper digging stories and quicker turns, document acquisition and paper trails.
• Send daily to the assignment desk an email with at least three story proposals.
• Able to make phone calls to set up interviews. These calls may happen outside of regular working hours.
• Be able to work nights and weekends.
• Large community involvement, making a reasonable amount of appearances tied into the viewer community.
• Work cooperatively as a team member under tight daily deadlines.
• Gather news information and prepare for presentation in the newscast and all digital platforms.
• Provide input to the show producer on show content and format.
• Write stories headlines and news updates for television, online and digital platforms.
• Present newscasts to the viewer in a professional manner.
Responsible for the presentation of breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts.
• Shoot and edit promos news material, bumpers, ID's, show opens and marketing material, as well as gather information on newsworthy events.
• Write, produce and present fair, accurate and unbiased news stories as assigned through the creative use of the video camera and proficient lighting and editing skills.
• Will provide the viewer with a video story on a given topic as assigned.
• Will operate video camera and recording equipment, live truck or live remote transmitting units and edit on Edius Pro editing systems.
• Able to respond quickly to breaking news and take direction from, and interact with, the assignment desk, producers, reporters, anchors and production control room personnel.
• Maintain technical equipment including cameras and lighting gear.
• Manage project deadlines and deliverables.
• BS/BA in Journalism/Communications.
• Minimum 1 year of experience shooting with HD Cam.
• Minimum 1 year of experience working with film or video lighting.
• Minimum 2 years of experience as a reporter in a top 50 market.
• Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Working knowledge of Inews, Stratus, Avid, Edius or Final Cut Pro.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet.
• Possess a high level of motivation with a strong belief in creative ideas plus the skills and confidence to express them.
• Able to think and react quickly while maintaining an overall strategic plan.
• Ability to work efficiently and prioritize in order to meet deadlines and budgets
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a collaborative team.
• Thorough understanding of the current broadcast and digital media landscape.
• Must have strong Spanish language skills (verbal & written).
• Must submit a demo reel of work to be considered.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
• Willingness to work weekends with short notice, night and weekend work is frequent.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be willing to work in San Antonio, TX
• Must have a valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvk5b7-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.