Weather Anchor / Reporter
El Paso, TX
• Provide the highest possible ''quality of service'' by providing technical and operations excellence for the local operations, enabling them to provide compelling news, programming and service to its viewers, clients and partners.
• Lead the development and the efficient implementation of the business' long-term technology strategies including development and execution of organizational development; the annual capital plan and management of multiple complex large-scale projects.
• Lead, mentor and develop the performance of the technical and operations teams including technology, media operations, and production operations.
• Drive innovation and efficiency through the identification and implementation of internal operational synergies and overall leadership.
• Coordinate production, technology and facility needs across all departments and local businesses.
• Lead stations' Environment Health & Safety efforts and related reporting systems. Ensure compliance with NBCUniversal EHS overall programs, goals and objectives.
• Prepare and maintain department budgets, forecasts, plans and reports.
• Oversee the purchasing of equipment and the coordination of the stations' technological planning and development.
• Maintain relationships with vendors, and local distribution partners.
• Support all operational areas of the stations and their various programming platforms: News, Digital, Sales, Creative Services and Community Investment.
• Actively participate in stations' management staff meetings and weekly DOT calls with Division staff.
• BS in Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 5-10 years of proven Technology and Operational leadership experience.
• Must be willing to work in El Paso, TX
• Willingness to travel and work outside standard hours, and on weekends with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must have active driver's license and a good driving record
• Expert knowledge of news, operations, project management, broadcast production, technology and finance
• Proven track record supporting a high-end news organization within a medium market
• Must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage and delegate.
• Prior television station experience desired.
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proven track record as a manager of large teams with strong ability to develop teams, leaders and a positive culture of accountability.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage competing efforts and deadlines on a continuous basis.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7qnq-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.