- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Responsible for overall production of the news of the day, special coverage, in depth stories and other news-related content of each newscast and online platforms
- Responsible for being a key communicator in the newsroom- talking with each team member who will participate or provide content for that newscast
- Must select stories, understand all the elements and design a newscast that achieves the daily goal.
- Execute Live Shots and Satellite Remotes during live newscasts by keeping a good communication with the crew in the field.
- Select, assign, write, and organize news stories. Write headlines, teases and reporter lead-ins
- Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy and have good time management skills.
- Coordinate and plan future community and social story development.
- Editing skills to edit video clips.
- This position is a Dual roll between Broadcast and Digital platforms, the ideal candidate is responsible for publishing content on multiple digital platforms, including web, mobile, and online social networks.
- Work closely with producers, Executive Producer and News Director on story/sweeps planning and coordination.
- Contribute story ideas; participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings.
- Understand and follow all Telemundo News standards and ethics.
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English.
• 1 to 2 years as News Producer experience.
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule when needed to cover other shifts and breaking news, to include holidays and weekends.
• Must be willing to work in the McAllen area and travel as needed for special assignments.
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights and weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record.
- Highly collaborative and creative attitude
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and working well under deadline pressure
- Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
- Experience working with newsroom software, show rundowns and scripts
- Ability to work under pressure
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kjv3-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.