Technicolor Creative Studios is the division with Technicolor, which contains Technicolor's world-leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr. X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies genuinely mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are continually looking for the best talent globally, enthusiastic people who come in every day to be a part of some of the industry's best work.
Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber-talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
Technicolor Production Services is the division that contains our world-leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros. Key to the success of our division and its brands is winning the war on talent through acquiring and growing a community where artistry meets technology.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong and up to date knowledge of the VFX workflow to join the Global Business Development team.
Based in Los Angeles, the VFX Bidding Producer is responsible for the creative assessment of potential new projects, up to award for Technicolor's VFX brands MPC Episodic, MPC Film and MR.X.
They will work across multiple projects, analysing scripts, VFX breakdowns and other materials in order to provide competitive packages to our clients.
• Review all materials received from clients and creatively assess and bid the work required to complete a project
• Consult with VFX supervisors and Head of Departments on creative, technical approaches, and methodologies as needed.
• Responsible for flagging any approach that may require significant further development from the technology teams.
• Act as a primary contact for client liaison on allocated projects.
• Attend all client meetings, prepare and lead all creative client discussions with VFX Supervisors.
• Work with the Business Development Manager and commercial analyst to prepare financials on all bids for approval by EPs.
• Work with Business Development Manager and EP to develop strategy for award for each project.
• Understand the industry cost structures and how this effects creative assessment.
• Stay current of studio capacity and talent capabilities to effectively create bids.
• Responsible for creative handover of awarded shows to the local EP/show Producer, maintaining a comprehensive set of notes relating to each project.
• Previous experience in providing detailed and accurate bids for features and episodic
• Detail orientated
• Goal driven
• Highly motivated working within a fast-paced environment
• High-level knowledge of Excel.
• Extensive knowledge of the VFX workflow
• 3+ years VFX Production experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6xo60-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.