Systems Engineer (Mid)
Technicolor Creative Studios is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
There is currently a vacancy for the mid-level position in the Systems Systems team. The role offers the successful candidate unlimited potential to advance their technical skills, plus experience with state-of-the-art technology and an opportunity to learn from specialist digital media colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind and want to be a part of some very high-profile productions, then this is the place for you.
• Provide friendly face to face and phone support for VFX Artists using Linux and Windows. To include: application issues, OS issues, networking problems, login issues, software installs and requests for peripherals.
• Set up, move and install workstaions to meet production requirements.
• Troubleshoot, repair and RMA workstation hardware.
• Provide general help to other members of the Systems team.
• Provide late cover on a rotational shift pattern.
• Various ad hoc project work.
• Experience with Linux, installing and setting up servers.
• Knowledge of Windows including installation and AD configuration.
• A good knowledge of servers, networking, storage and render systems for trouble shooting purposes.
• A keen interest in computer systems technology and the ambition to increase your skill and knowledge base.
• Great people skills and the desire to be part of a team.
• Self-motivated and proactive.
• Ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to important issues
• Enthusiastic with a commitment to learn.
• Degree in a technical discipline.
• Programming or scripting experience.
• Experience in an existing support role – ideally in a Post production environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are interested please apply online.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb6w5-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.