Senior Release Strategy & Planning Manager
London, United Kingdom
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN LONDON
With offices all over the globe, Technicolor is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our team in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
This position will be reporting to the Finance Manager/ Controller, and an indirect line into the Senior Project Accountant and will look after aspects of film and episodic finance. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Perform cost analysis of films and episodic shows using existing toolset.
• Developing and improving the existing toolsets to drive efficiencies and create better control processes surrounding but not limited to Revenue Recognition, Financial Forecasting and Show Financials.
• Support producers in preparing detailed cost estimates for the run of the films and provide insight into the opportunities and risks of the show.
• Assisting producers in financial reconciliation of their additional costs.
• Provide Analysis to the Executive Producer and General Manager on the profitability of each show, and provide insight into opportunities and risks
• Controlling, recording and reconciling costs to ensure cost control and preparing regular costs and progress reports for management.
• Full month end duties for the MPC Film and Episodic Europe.
• Providing analysis to Producers on opportunities and risks with changes to shows
• Report, forecast and analyse all future revenues and film projects.
• Liaise with senior management to develop new systems for monitoring and controlling all costs on film jobs.
• Capturing and maintaining large data documents
• Provide ad-hoc administrative support to film production department.
• Produce regular cost projection reports and analysis on all film projects.
• Providing detailed cost analysis on expenditure within the Film department.
• Building and maintaining data sheets for use by various departments across the business.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.) and abilities to create and work in complex financial models;
• VFX industry knowledge is an asset, but not required.
• Experience: General interest in working in Finance. Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance and willing to study CIMA/ACCA.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multiple show production environment;
• Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results;
• Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders such as HR, Production, IT, and Management;
• Strong financial analysis/interpretation skills.
• Ability do adapt documents quickly and effectively in order to meet clients and producers needs.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.