Remote / Virtual
WHERE ART PLAYS WITH SCIENCE.
We are Technicolor Games – a global network of artists & creative technologists with decades of experience across the games industry. We push the boundaries of the imagination to make big ideas a reality, by applying the best VFX, animation and interactive technologies.
We collaborate with leading games developers to build the most innovative gaming experiences imaginable. Our studios are the second home of the projects we work on. We push the potential of gaming technology harder than anyone else dare dream.
Our Keyframers breathe life into award-winning projects and our Art Directors empower studios from concept to execution. Our Mo-Cap team delivers highly complex in-game animations and cinematic content second to none.
We stay ahead of the curve, we innovate, we invest in and nurture our talent to create the best games in the world
We are now hiring a new Concept Artists (m/f/d) responsible create concept art for Triple AAA title console games – Characters/variants, Creatures, modular builds, props, weapons, vehicles, terrains and environment designs at multiple levels of refinement for the world's best gaming studios!
• Strong storytelling skills – Ability to create quick (rough) to detailed storyboards for in-game cinematics
• Quickly Adapt to art style to meet the needs of the project
• Able to take feedback and properly reflect comments in work
• Participates in visual comparison and critiques and implements changes effectively
• Meets deadlines with proficiency
• Interacts and communicates effectively with management on both a project and studio level
• Participates in studio-sanctioned training courses
• Performs other similar or related duties as necessary
• Confidentiality is key for our relationship with clients. We work with unpublished IPs. The selected candidate should be keeping their efforts confide
Essentials & other must-have skills
• A fundamental understanding of MAX and/or another 3D-related software package.
• Exceptional traditional art foundation skills including Anatomy, perspective, lighting, balance, and color relationships
• Understanding of digital/traditional art techniques
• Familiar with current design trends and brands
• Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively.
• Strong Drafting skills. This position requires good level of freehand drawing, firm understanding of fictional/non -fictional product and production design.
• Firm understanding of color and light. Your artworks should include painted samples that narrate storytelling via values and colors.
• Prolific in using Adobe Photoshop and working with digital drawing devices.
• Quick prototyping skills are good to have (Blender, Grease pencil, Unreal world creation skills) Excellent research and design skills.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience with Animation & Games pipeline preferably Games
• Basic painting (digital or traditional) and sketching ability is preferable
• Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7208k-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.