Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN INDIA
We are an award-winning visual effects company built on the belief that our strength lies in our team and our success relies on our people. By embracing our clients in our culture of mutual trust and commitment we set the stage for seamless partnerships and the perfect translation of creative vision to visual art. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen in some of the World's most exciting film and television content. By uniting with our friends to tell their stories, we become storytellers ourselves.
• Create photorealistic backgrounds and environments to match the overall look and feel of the film;
• Combine skills in painting and 3D with knowledge of composition, design, photography, and digital modeling to create two-dimensional and three-dimensional images for film with or without the use of conceptual mock-ups;
• Provides foreground, mid-ground, and background paintings for use in 2D, 2.5D and 3D environments;
• Assists with troubleshooting the background components created;
• Contribute to the visual and technical attributes of the production;
• Produce or assist in developing and producing design concepts, including characters and environments.
• Create elements in a variety of styles such as drawings, illustrations, graphics, colour harmonization / colour scripts, etc.
• Performing tasks such as layout, matte extraction, colour correction, paint fixes, roto and assembly of live action and 3D elements,
• Contribute to the visual and technical attributes of the production.
• Specific duties to be determined on a project by project basis.
• Bachelor's degree in illustration, industrial design, or fine art preferred;
• 2.5D / 3D projecting experience (3D generalist or Nuke compositing experience) is a plus;
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
• Strong knowledge of photography is a bonus, especially in relation to lenses;
• Demonstrable skills in Concept design desirable but not essential;
• Mari, Vue and/or Modo experience would be an asset.
• Skilled in painting photo-real images using photo reference to create the highest quality digital set extensions, skies, elements, and environments;
• Strong traditional art skills including knowledge of color, lighting, perspective, and composition;
• Strong artistic flexibility, versatility, ability to match and/or adapt painting style to suit a range of production designs;
• Advanced 2D skills in Photoshop and/or Mari with 3D experience, preferably in Maya;
• Ability to complete work within the bid timeframe, while maintaining constant communication with production teams and other CG artists.
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. We have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
• Key Artist
• Technical Artist
• Head of Department
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb160y-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.