Academy @ The Focus is a free virtual program preparing artists for their journey through the world's top visual effects studios through intensive training. Technicolor's diversified reach in visual effects enables us to guide, mentor, and train these artists to meet the highest industry standards.
Our virtual courses prepare you for a career in visual effects by working with industry experts on your creative, technical, procedural, and soft skills. They also provide a great opportunity to gain experience and expertise to build upon as you progress in your career.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MEANS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A ROLE IN ADELAIDE AFTER COMPLETING THE VIRTUAL COURSE
You are applying to join the Academy @ The Focus course for lighting.
Lighting artists light the scenes, just as a DOP and gaffer who decide what lights to use and where to place them on a live production set. They use lights to enhance the atmosphere, tone, depth and mood of a scene. When lighting for VFX, the aim is to match the 3D lights to the real-world lighting in the footage.
This course will develop your skills in these areas:
• Art: understanding of color theory, perspective and design theory.
• Understanding lighting: know the scientific principles behind lighting, have a strong knowledge of lighting techniques and materials.
• Problem-solving: use computer technology to find new ways to achieve a creative vision
• Working to deadlines: work within given timeframes and deliver on schedule
• Knowledge of relevant programs: be adept at using 3D and compositing programs.
While you have previous training, this course is designed to sharpen your skills to be the best lighting artist you can be.
Whether it's working out areas of your game that need practice or introducing you to some techniques you may not have realized you're good at, this is what the course is about.
• A free online course of 8-10 weeks to get you up to the standard required to deliver first class VFX
• Dedicated mentoring from a senior industry member
• Intensive training using industry standard software tools (provided) while using our high-quality training materials
• Continued access to video tutorials featuring industry experts and the potential to use your project work in showreels
• The opportunity to apply to available roles at Technicolor, and to potentially receive a bonus, if offered a position
• Recent graduates of a VFX program or entry/junior level candidates looking for their first break in the VFX industry.
• Candidates ready to cross the bridge from learning into a professional career.
• Artists with a drive, passion, and commitment to deliver first class VFX.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx6w34-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.