We collaborate with groundbreaking directors, creative agencies and visionary brands, who trust us to bring their ideas to life. We value the two-way nature of these partnerships, understanding that our clients give us opportunities to improve our craft and astound their audiences.
Though we are renowned for our unrivalled creative expertise, we are just as inventive with our workflow solutions and pride ourselves on our impeccable account management and client service.
Thirty plus years of innovation has established The Mill as a recognized global brand for creating seamless visual effects, but we are also leaders in design, animation, live action content direction, VFX brand accounts, versioning and global adaptations, digital content creation and distribution. Our ability to package multiple services allows us to deliver both schedule and budget efficiencies and to create with the multi-platform world in mind. This helps clients create gr e. eat looking content for any screen.
Our reputation is built on our people. We find, train and nurture the most talented creative, technical and production teams in the industry and our scale enables us to work individually, in teams or as an international network via our bases in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin, and Bangalore.
The Mill has an unparalleled reputation in the Post-production industry for being at the leading edge of technology and using that technology in new and innovative ways to produce outstanding images. The Mill's methodologies and creative techniques are unique in the industry and its success in the use of Flame and Nuke on high end and complex effects commercials projects is seen in its roll call of awards and clients.
The 2D Supervisor is an important part of The Mill's creative team; they are at the very core of the company as they are responsible for the final compilation and manipulation of elements from all other departments. As compositors they produce their own projects as well as collaborate with the 2D department. They ensure that they and their team produce work of an exceptionally high standard, and play a critical role in creating high profile effects for any number of creative projects.
The 2D Supervisor has sharp aesthetic judgement; has mastery of Nuke compositing software; has insight into emerging technology; has strong communication and organizational skills; and has the ability to both self manage and be a team leader. At times they will be client facing, and as such, they have the appropriate attributes to ensure client satisfaction.
The 2D Supervisor will understand and appreciate the power of training and mentoring from within and will encourage a holistic approach to communication across all disciplines. This will especially include Production & Scheduling.
To create visual effects for commercials from simple conforms through to managing complete jobs involving numerous complex compositions using both 2D and 3D elements. Responsibilities will include:
• Compositing of 3D and 2D elements in collaboration with external clients.
• Provide guidance to 2D and 3D in the creation of mattes and other elements.
• Monitor the output of colleagues, including compositing, element provision and artwork provision.
• Report technical shortcomings and issues to the Engineering department.
• Attend pre-production meetings with clients and or Artists
• Guide and manage a team of Artists during large and complex workloads to deliver on time in tight deadlines.
• Compiling clean ups of shots in addition to advising the production team by offering advice on technology and available processes for projects with lower budget requirements.
• Combining the technical and creative aspects of the role with an innate understanding of the industry and being able to apply those skills to the ever changing needs of the clients, often under extremely demanding deadlines.
• Building a strong client base by sourcing and developing relationships with young creative talent and clients on own projects.
• Working closely with the Head of 2D, 2D Leads as well as other disciplines to research, develop and implement new technology and creative ideas.
• Guiding and training the junior Artists in the department and junior employees in the Artwork Support Department on The Mill's methodologies and working pipeline, to ensure the development and throughput of talent and the creative output at every level is to a standard befitting our worldwide reputation.
• The 2D Supervisor must have the confidence and ability to develop ideas, provide solutions to complex technical and creative issues and communicate with clients independently as they are required to manage VFX projects and respond to external client queries.
• Expert knowledge in complex visual effects packages such as: Nuke, Combustion and Flame to complete rotoscoping, matte painting, keying and color correcting.
• 2D Supervisor must be highly visually creative, have the ability to think laterally, have an acute sense for visual aesthetics, an in-depth knowledge of the software and hardware they use both in Nuke and Flame, an in-depth understanding of the technology used in the whole post-production process including current technical specifications, video and data formats and a broad knowledge of film, video and shooting techniques for special effects compositing.
• Excellent people and project management skills, an innate awareness of client requirements and the ability to communicate creative ideas and co-ordinate and guide those clients through a creative process with a great deal of diplomacy to achieve a result which is satisfactory to all.
• Extensive and current knowledge of creative techniques and the ability to adapt them to fit the most visually complex of projects.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rez4k0-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.