WarnerMedia seeks a Studios Apprentice for the Effects-Creative Serv-TStudios department. The Edit Apprenticeship is a two-year program within WarnerMedia Studios where selected candidates are challenged to grow as assistant editors through the development of creative, technical, and soft skills. This position is in support of the tbs and truTV brand creative teams, and it is designed for an experienced craftsperson who has a keen eye and passion for post-production and is committed to creating engaging content for millions of fans. The tbs/truTV Edit Apprentice gains essential experience to develop a greater understanding of the tbs/truTV brands and workflows. The core focus of this job is to strengthen skilled editing techniques through editorial support and mentorship, build relationships with the partners and edit staff, and prepare the candidate for the next step in their career.
As the tbs/truTV Edit Apprentice, you will provide editorial support by:
• Organizing and logging media on the Studios' servers
• Creating and preparing Strawberry and Premiere projects (i.e., gathering, organizing, and importing media)
• Organizing show dailies into project bins and processing the footage by creating story flows/rough cuts and select sequences
• Pulling selects based on IDs, BROLL, sound bites, and specific requests from the edit staff and partners
• Uploading selects reels to various share locations for writers, producers, creative directors, external agencies, etc.
• Creating temporary graphics for use in non-finalized pieces
• QCing, prepping, and delivering projects for color and audio
• Cutting content for tbs and truTV brand creative
• Previous experience with the fundamentals of assistant editing in a commercial or broadcast environment
• Thorough understanding of post-production processes, including asset and project management
• Experienced in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
• Familiar with asset and project management software – namely Strawberry and IPV
• Knowledge and appreciation of the tbs and truTV brands
• Must be able to perform under very tight deadlines
• Must be self-motivated and take initiative
• Excellent customer service skills, strong communicator – both written and verbal, meticulous organizational skills, and very detail-oriented
• Willingness to reach out to others to learn and incorporate feedback from producers, managers, and peers
• Ability to recognize opportunities to contribute to the team
• Motivation and readiness to take initiative to shape this opportunity into the best experience for you
• Demo reel submitted with your resume that showcases your editing skills
• Once the 2-year contract concludes, there is no guaranteed promotion
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj1vo-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.