Technical Operations Director
Provide engineering support for a fast-paced 24/7 365 earth station facility, which provides network distribution for linear platforms and downlink resources to the news and entertainment divisions of TBS. The support functions include establishing adhoc feeds, network restoral, troubleshooting, quality control, preventative maintenance, installation, documentation and component level repair of sophisticated equipment utilized in the transmission and reception of content via satellite and fiber.
• This responsibility includes troubleshooting, repair, calibration and preventative maintenance of equipment and systems at the teleports to include antenna systems, high voltage transmitters, modulators, ASI & HDSDI distribution equipment, monitoring & test equipment, networking equipment, IRDs, & Lband distribution equipment.
• This responsibility includes participation in the planning, integration, and testing of new or replacement equipment and systems. Function as project team member, SME or team lead.
• This responsibility requires the ability to ensure outgoing, and incoming signals and content are compliant with standards set forth by the FCC, satellite providers, &Teleport engineering practices.
• Operate and understand test equipment to include, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, power meters, oscilloscope, modulation analyzers, video probes, & RF probes.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of ASI, 2110 and RF signals.
• This responsibility requires that the Teleport ENG understand ITIL & utilize Service Now to document incidents, schedule changes and record preventative maintenance & daily tasks.
• Use ACAD and Visio to accurately document teleport systems.
• In addition, accurately fills out time sheets, time tracking records and daily station logs.
Additional Senior Teleport Eng duties
• Lead project and maintenance activities, possess and displays advanced knowledge of RF and Networking systems, mentors' teammates, contributes to training initiatives, excels at conflict resolution and fosters a healthy work environment.
• Two to four-year technical degree, electronics related (or equivalent education/experience/training).
• 2 to 5 years of experience working as a maintenance engineer in an earth station and/or broadcast facility.
• 2 to 5 years' experience working with RF, high voltage, emergency power systems and high power RF amplifiers.
• Proficient with computers, software and networking
• Ability to troubleshoot to component level.
• Mechanical skills FCC General Radio Telephone License, SMPTE certification, CCENT or CCNA PMP certification, ITIL foundation
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands